Lowering lupos

SC02 FFF

i was looking at a previous thread of lowered lupos and i quiet like the look of 60-70mm lowerings

now is to decided what suspenion to get

iwas thinking

coilovers all round but will it be too harsher ride? and affect my performance in any way ?

or sshall i just go coilovers on bak and springs n shocks on front ?

Sorry to thread hi-jack here, but i feel this could be relevant to your original posts title...

Since just getting the Lupo 1.4S a few days ago, i have started to feel its limitation in standard guise, example...

When i turn the steering wheel, it feels like the car is going to fall over, i.e... so much body roll its ridiculous!!!!

I would even go as far as to say its criminal the way the car handles!

It has just been MOT'd the day i did the deal & the garage owner is a friend of a friend, so i feel all is well there.

So, comming back to the fact did i did use to drive a heavily modd'd A3 1.8T Sport running on FK/Koni coilovers (fully adjustable), maybee its just me that is feeling this cars handling is criminal!?!?

Never the less, something needs doing about it!

What suggestions do you Lupo drivers out there have to reduce body roll please?

Please bear in mind this will end up being my wifes first car as soon as she passes her test, but in the meantime while im driving it approx 52miles per day for work it has to be improved!

Im not interetsed in the coilover route anymore, been there done that, got to old & it plays havoc with your piles! HaHa j/k

Should i maybee just uprate the ARB bushes, or change the ARB to a Sport or GTi ARB?

Maybee a set of lowering springs could help?

Whats the general concensus of this forum please?

Cheers, Pete.

They are a bit roly-poly.....

Try an uprated ARB - a good few people have fitted them and say they're really good.

A little drop on springs (30-35) would help too.

I'd just be concerned about then insuring your wife as a new driver on a modified car......you'd probably want to have a shop around and see what people will quote you first to be sure smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

And scoff - Lupos have a separate spring/shock set up on the back, so you can't get 'true' coilovers for them as far as I know. You can get them for the front though, but if you're concerned about ride quality then either get a good set of shocks and springs, or invest in the best coilies you can afford smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by lunalupi

KW are supposed to be good smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

But I don't know much - I have cheap unbranded coilovers from clubpolo blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

KW are supposed to be good smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

KWs are indeffinately good ! if i could do it again i'd spend the extra! my next car will defo be getting the kw treatment!!

Wouldnt buy the Fk's personally got them on mine and not a great fan

Spax are good but they dont make a kit for the lupo/arosa

Koni are good but their kit is adjustable height on the front only

KW are highly recomended but some owners say the ride is still harsh

Weitec were recomended to me but they worked out more money than the ones i have currently got and no one had them on a lupo0arosa so i didnt know how good they would be in this appliction

to both first posters to reduce bodyroll mainly i would fit an uprated antiroll bar as with my coilovers fitted and wound down 50mm i still have bodyroll so an uprated ARB is without doubt my next purchase smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Wider wheels amd better tyres also transform the car especially if the car is fitted with standard dunlops ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

wayne

Wouldnt buy the Fk's personally got them on mine and not a great fan

Spax are good but they dont make a kit for the lupo/arosa

Koni are good but their kit is adjustable height on the front only

KW are highly recomended but some owners say the ride is still harsh

Weitec were recomended to me but they worked out more money than the ones i have currently got and no one had them on a lupo0arosa so i didnt know how good they would be in this appliction

to both first posters to reduce bodyroll mainly i would fit an uprated antiroll bar as with my coilovers fitted and wound down 50mm i still have bodyroll so an uprated ARB is without doubt my next purchase smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Wider wheels amd better tyres also transform the car especially if the car is fitted with standard dunlops ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" />

wayne

Hi guys,

I'm totally new to the loweing/upgraded suspension kits etc...

I've been doing a bit of surfing -

what are these kits like?

http://www.europerformance.co.uk/pages/pro...fo.mhtml?id=737