Vagfest - 1st July 2007

loafy

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No worries. Is it just a case of saying your with CL on arrival and they will point you in the right direction?

I don't know huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Strathclyde Park is just off the Junction 5 on the M74 so you can always slip off there and meet up.

Colin is putting breakfast for all who turn up on his room tab!

R

man this is gonna be one hellova show! 7 from cl , almost 40 from svag. im guessing dc wil have a stand too. this is gonna be packed once the traders and show and shine are in aswell. dunno where visitors are gonna park! amazing! oxford edition are meant to be in attendance also!

we have had the grounds all cut and trimmed back to increase the parking areas

we have also sorted street parking if it comes to it, but with the additional space and the likes will need to wait and see.

oe are bring up the new project mk4 on air, and the detailed crew are all heading up to this, west of scotland air kool are coming, so is dub force, Eastside VW, section5 and possible some from demon vw

so its gonna be busy busy and one good day!!

also we have free cake to give away :-)

Strathclyde Park is just off the Junction 5 on the M74 so you can always slip off there and meet up.

What time are you meeting/leaving there? I don't really have a clue so was just going to follow everyone else!!

Craig/Colin, You know the area better than me, so feel free to be constructive!

Google maps is saying 32.4 miles / 43 minutes.

So if we need to be there by 0930 to get in we should leave Strathclyde Park at 0830 at the latest.

So how does 0800 meet for an 0830 departure sound.

Ray

That gives me a home set off time of about 0700 for 60 miles.

Wake Amanda to make my breakfast and wash the car at 0600...

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Craig/Colin, You know the area better than me, so feel free to be constructive!

Google maps is saying 32.4 miles / 43 minutes.

So if we need to be there by 0930 to get in we should leave Strathclyde Park at 0830 at the latest.

So how does 0800 meet for an 0830 departure sound.

Ray

Never anything else but constructive,

I think 8 for 0830 departure at Strathy Park Junction 5 would be spot on,

Need to get to Kames before the ScottishVag boys set out their deckchairs laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Do we know who all is going from CL ?

That gives me a home set off time of about 0700 for 60 miles.

Wake Amanda to make my breakfast and wash the car at 0600...

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

ray i thought you were hardcore , ive done 10hr shifts at work and finished at 1am and then left for a show at 4am

Never anything else but constructive,

I think 8 for 0830 departure at Strathy Park Junction 5 would be spot on,

Need to get to Kames before the ScottishVag boys set out their deckchairs laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Do we know who all is going from CL ?

yeah we deffo need to get there well before SVAG and there 40 odd cars but knowing what SVAG are like only half of them will prob. show

I'll sit down later and work out my distance/times etc, see what time I'll need to leave. I'm now thinking I'll just come straight to Strathclyde and meet you guys there. IIRC the svag lot are not planning on leaving Kdy til about half 8, and Dunf til about 9. Where about in Strath park are you meeting?

Don't think Byron believed me when I told him he would need to be up before 7 on a Sunday!

ray i thought you were hardcore , ive done 10hr shifts at work and finished at 1am and then left for a show at 4am

...but I am old enough to be your Dad.

Actually Craig, what does your Mum look like as I had a few good nights in Glasgow back in the mid 80s...

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Edited to add: Linz, Toby Carvery was mentioned a couple of pages back.

Edited by Silver!

still dont know who im going along with yet...leaving at 7.30 with a cplof ppl from here, they wer plannin on meeting th vag lot or jst going on ourself, wldnt mind getting there before them.so is everyone meeting at 8 or 8.30?and where exactly?

ScottishVAG are meeting 0800 for an 0830 departure @ Bothwell Services, so Linz you should be able to get accross with them also. As Bothwell is just across the motorway.

...same for you mcbeal_88

R

The only mention I could find on svag was that they weren't leaving Kdy til 8.30. I think we'll just fire along in our own time to meet you lot at Strathclyde park, that way we can please ourselves and won't be late or hold anyone up. I think it'll take me about an hour to get to junciton 5, so will leave about 7.

There's a mention of TLB meeting at 8 am at the Strathy entrance currently 5th post up from the bottom on the SVAG Thread.

Maybe I'm getting confused. wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />