2000 X plate Lupo 1.4 S....

pete69zx

Hi all,

I just introduced myself in the new members section.

Im curious as to what the fuel consumption figures should be for the 1.4 S (75bhp)...?

Is there anything i should look out for, i.e... common faults, niggles, design faults...?

It's a cute little car & im enjoying driving it (untill the wife passes her test, then it will become hers & i will have to go for maybee an old Audi 80TDi smoker, lol.

Im not interested in modding it, but maybee a few little subtle changes that have already been tried & tested.

Oh... & maybee a set of VW stylee alloy wheels (maybee from the Sport or GTi)... any fitting issues with any of these choices & any for sale anywhere local to me (North East UK).

Cheers, Pete.

Hiya and welcome to the club smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Probably looking between 45 and 50MPG, later more likely on a run.

And nope no problems fitting either the Kyalami (sport) or the bathursts (GTi) wheels, both go straight on.

You can usually find both on here, dont think there are any at the moment but keep an eye out in the for sale section. a good set of sport wheels can be had for about £100 usually.

Chris

No problem

Usually yeah, ive seen sport wheels go for £100 with half worn tyres, sometimes around £120

Gti wheels often about £250ish for a good set with tyres i would say

The 1.4 S has: 175/65/R13 tyres

1.4 Sport (kyalarmi wheels) 185/55/R14

GTi: 205/45/R15, although many people have changed to 195/45/R15 tyres, as i think the tyres are more available in that size.

Id go for sport wheels, suit the standard specs well imo, and tyres start from about £40 each which isnt too bad.

Chris

I getting about 43mpg at the moment, but thats cold starts and short journeys. Also I my exhaust is blowing which wont do it any favours.

I did however get 52mpg on a little run I did a while ago smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Where abouts in the North East are you? I might see you around lol

Jon

I getting about 43mpg at the moment, but thats cold starts and short journeys. Also I my exhaust is blowing which wont do it any favours.

I did however get 52mpg on a little run I did a while ago smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Where abouts in the North East are you? I might see you around lol

Jon

Was that with your exhaust blowing? i carnt remember. 52 mpg is my average coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" /> Not happy with that though, must drive more economically rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

I'm based in Norton, Stockton-on-Tees, how about you??

Cheers, Pete.

Oh i didnt notice you were from around here, might see you about then, what colour is your lupo?

Chris

Edited by cardaft

I'm based in Norton, Stockton-on-Tees, how about you??

Cheers, Pete.

I'm in Middlesbrough, so not far at all really. I think that Laser Blue GTi that lives in Norton too. Keep an eye out in the Events section, there are meets quite often.

Was that with your exhaust blowing? i carnt remember. 52 mpg is my average coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

I think it was tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> . Hopefully mpg will go up when I get a new one smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Oh i didnt notice you were from around here, might see you about then, what colour is your lupo?

Chris

It's a solid red (don't know the correct colour code or name for it sorry).

I will get some pix up as soon as i get chance to take some.

It's nothing special, just a standard car that sits far too high & has little wheels, lol :-D

Cheers, Pete.

I'm in Middlesbrough, so not far at all really. I think that Laser Blue GTi that lives in Norton too. Keep an eye out in the Events section, there are meets quite often.

What laser blue GTi is that then...?

Are there ever any local meets, i could do with seeing what others have/can do, & maybee it will inspire me a little :-)

Cheers, Pete.

What laser blue GTi is that then...?

Are there ever any local meets, i could do with seeing what others have/can do, & maybee it will inspire me a little :-)

Cheers, Pete.

I think its a very late, possibly 55reg lupo GTi, in laser blue, which i think could be the only one or one of few laser blue GTis

Yeah there is a meet at the Baltic Newcastle most months

I was driving through Norton earlier and spotted a silver 1.4 loop, but since yours is red it wasnt you then laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Chris

£25 of good fuel gets me past 300 miles! Absolutely no driving like is stole it though!

Thats pretty impressive, thanx for the input :-)

I try to drive this car reasonably, but for example today on the way to work (approx 5am on the A1 heading north), it touched on 110mph! OOOPPS :-(

I got to remember its not my old Audi A3!!!!

Where's that then...?

Cheers, Pete.

This is the address:

BALTIC Centre for Contemporary Art Gateshead Quays South Shore Road Gateshead NE8 3BA UK

Its the art gallery looking over the river, it was an old flour mill.

There is a meeting there quite often in the car park. Keep an eye out in the events section for upcoming events.

£25 of good fuel gets me past 300 miles! Absolutely no driving like is stole it though!

ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> You must have a light foot lol, i bearly get that from my TDi and only sometimes get close to 300. Im starting to try harder and get better MPG though rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> Thats good going

Chris