Pads? - What ones????

Slyclone

Guys I have a dilemma ???

About the only shop on the Island that sells uprated brake parts only stocks EBC pads.

I hade a mate with a RST who had the greenstuff pads and swore by them, but another mate had em on his Fiesta RST and said they were crap :0

What sould I do? Have any of you had EBC pads? Or should I just go to the mainland and get another brand?? ???

Pagid Fast Road Pads were recommended to me, but you can't get them for the GTi, but you can for all other models. Get those if you can.

I've got Mintex 1144's on now, they came highly recommended - and once they've got some heat into them they are fantastic...pretty much fade free, unlike the OEM pads.

I had an AP racing `set-up` on my `race-spec` mini a few years ago and i used EBC greenstuff pads with that.

Very little dust and excellent performance, just got to get a bit if heat into the pads before they really bite.

I had EBC turbo grooves and greenstuff pads on the lupo(1.4). They were really good when they were warm and stopped really well when going at high speed.

Saying that, they only lasted just over 5000 miles before both discs and pads needed replacing blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> The dust was also crap. Low dust formula my ass. The dust seemed to weld itself to my alloys and only come off with wonder wheels, a toothbrush, and too much effort.

In short, i wouldn't bother with them.