How low do i go (what would you suggest?)

muzzy

I'll be purchasing some lowering springs for my white 1.4 sport this week.

Just wondering how low i should go on standard shocks.....

40mm or 60mm ?

If i was to lower 60mm would i struggle fitting a 16inch wheel?

cheers

Same old, same old...

I've got AVO -45mm on standard shocks on my 1.0. Ride seems pretty standard, apart from the occassional huge pot holes.

On a sport I would most likely invest in coilovers.

Enjoy!

Ray

40mm or 60mm ?

cheers

If you are going over 40mm, its recommended to uprate the shocks, otherwise you may find a nasty ride and faster wear and tear to the suspension.

Although, think its Arun, that didnt change and he found no problem.

But its your decision.

Edited by Picola

And then there's Craig who dropped 45mm (?) and has gone through multiple shock absorbers.

If you can handle the ride, coilies are good for the adjustability. But you could wait until you have the wheels first, then decide how low you can go once you can trial fit them smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> Just an idea

Edited by lunalupi

40mm or 60mm ?

cheers

A late answer from me then. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

You could go very low wih the std shocks, but I wouldn't change the springs and using the standard shock because they probably will be worn out in a week... I've tried it once and the car transformed from a good handling car to a car with a poor handling and a barely lower stance. blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" /> The springs I used then was H&R's 40mm or something and the car was a Clio Sport.

If I was in your situation I would save up for a H&R 'cup-kit', that will make the car handle and look the business (60/40mm drop). Or a set of yellow Koni's with H&R springs... rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

Mounting a 16" wheel would be no problem even with a bigger drop. Just make sure you now what tire sizes to use for clearance in the wheelarches before you buy the tires. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Good luck then.

• 2 weeks later...

If you want the car to be noticably lower, then 60mm (or more) definatelly.

If you want the car to look like it should have done from the factory and have fantastic handling then go 40mm.

Above all, make sure the shockers and springs are matched in tems of height and damping, otherwise you could well end up with worse handilng than standard...manufacturers dont spend lots of effort matching spring and damper rates for nothing.

you can NEVER be too low

I agree 2007-SLAMIT.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" class="linked-image" />

Lol - im just as low at the moment

like a giant snow plow!!

Sorry, but I just had to comment.

Have you ever been passed in your Loop/Arosa by a snowplough? It always makes me feel pretty minute! Especially when it's poughing/gritting!

Very low though! Very cool!

R smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />