RATTLE FROM LEFT SPEAKER

when i crank the (standard speakers) tunes up, i get a rattle from the left speaker, but not the right. for this reason i am thinking there must be something loose on the left one. this might be a stupid question but has anyone else had that before? whats it likely to be? someone please help before i get angry an reach for the flat-head screwdriver lol.

NOCK

Sounds like a loose wire, speaker, or something else loose in there or the speaker is damaged.

Best thing to do is have a look.

Also make sure its nothing rattling in the side pockets. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by Gavs_arosa16v

woah im surprised that this is so common

swoxy if you work out what it is can you let me know please? because i am a complete amateur an if i take the speaker out or whatever, i probably won't ever get it back in again lol.

NOCK

Also make sure its nothing rattling in the side pockets. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

nah the rattle is there with them empty, good thinking though!

NOCK

Electric windows operate on a cable system, if you've got a worn or loose mechanism the cable may be rattling against the centre 'runner' which goes up & down.

sounds complicated, i think i'd just be better cuttin the bass from the front speakers and sending bass only to the subs when they go in the boot in the near future, this'll get rid of the rattle me thinks

NOCK

i took my door card off at work the tother day (ha i cudnt be bothered to do anything so messed about with my loop) it turns out the cards them self were loose, but also the speaker was distorted and normal bass levels. when i investigated the speaker was torn around the edge, so needs replacing sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> can any one sujjest some good speaker that will fit? pm me please biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> xxx

Edited by grimr3ap3r_

It is probably just the plastic lower door card that has the grill and pocket in etc rattling.

I had this loads when I had the lupo, I put loads of flashing tape over the back, screwed it back on and no rattles!

Other wires in the door can rattle as well, you need to tape anything loose down and preferably sound deaden it.

Blown speakers dont rattle - they just dont work. Or they will make a farting sound with no bass if the suround has torn.

If you turn the bass down it should go, if the speaker still sounds good then it isnt damaged.

• 4 weeks later...

Well yesterday I took the door card off, had a look to see if i could see anything rattling, even played the music without the door card on and still had the rattle. So now I'm p***** off because I've got a rattle that's driving me up the wall and I don't know where the hell from!!!!!!

I don't think it's the windscreen because it's the original one. So what else could it be? Any ideas?

NOCK

i had a rattle from mine too. try tightening the nuts on the wiper motors i found one that was lose and that sorted it. i think there was 3 or 4 10mm nuts, you might have to remove top and lower panels to find all nuts but try the bottom ones first. hope this helps

Glad i've seen this topic...my left speaker started rattling yesterday. Not had a look at it yet, i've just put my sound more to the back at the moment, but feel free to keep the ideas coming!

Cheers!!

x Kim x

I get rattles but thats because I have stuff in the pockets laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> Thing that doesn't help is when you go faster the sound gets alot louder and that could damage your speakers

Do a bit of sound deadening smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Get some foam - about 1cm thick, and cut a couple of sheets and stick them to the inside of the lower door panel itself... If its the door pannel causing the rattle, then you'll have fixed it...

If it still rattles after it could be your speaker that is damaged, meaning time for new speakers, so when you put your new speakers in, you'll get even more benefit what with having the sound deadening smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

i got the same problem i thought it may be coming from the speaker thats placed on the dash but i disconnected that it ther was no difference gonna look into it further anytime soon because its starting to annoy me when i turm the system up