PSP

D7 YME

LMAO, I run a PSP Yahoo Group and have one.

The different numbers are just the firmware it's on, the firmware is just like the software. It's currently on 3.0 in America and 2.6 or something in Europe.

There is absolutely no difference apart from...the newer firmware has more features and support for more things.

Don't worry though, if you buy one with old firmware, Sony lets you download the newest ones for free.

Edited by krieglupo

Ok don't use the PSP headphones you are supplied with for a start, they are just sick and pointless. (and I'm using sick in the normal non gangsta sense). Hope this helps, just plug regular ones in and you already should get a lot more sound.

• 2 weeks later...
LMAO, I run a PSP Yahoo Group and have one.

The different numbers are just the firmware it's on, the firmware is just like the software. It's currently on 3.0 in America and 2.6 or something in Europe.

There is absolutely no difference apart from...the newer firmware has more features and support for more things.

Don't worry though, if you buy one with old firmware, Sony lets you download the newest ones for free.

Older firmware free games and homebrew (emulators etc) Newer firmware security updates.

check out a site called PSPHacks smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

ordered mine off amazon - should be here tomorrow

Cool biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> if its got software below 2.71 id recomend running modified firmware on it smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Cool biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> if its got software below 2.71 id recomend running modified firmware on it smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

i dont understand that at all, iv seen 1.5 and 2.7 available but havent a clue on the differences.

ill probably just get the newest update available confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Basically on 1.5 you can run anything on 2.71 you can downgrade to 1.5 so you can run everything. if you flash to the latest sony version you will only be able to run umd`s from umd no isos no homebrew (emulators etc)

However you still can run the latest firmware a modified version which will allow you to run everything smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Anyway id recomend you ask a few questions on psphacks before you upgrade to the latest smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />