manchester people help me please!

Adam K

i am going up to manc on the 9th december to go out on the piss in the town.

basically i've left it quite late to book a hotel and i don't wanna pay an extortionate rate for a hotel that i'm literally gonna dump my stuff at and then come back to inthe middle of the night so pissed that i won't care what it's like as long as the bed is comfy.

i looked for a travelodge and the closest one available is oldham.

is this a long way from manchester town centre? is it gonna cost me an arm and a leg for a taxi?

any tips greatfuly recieved.

cheers.

Taxi to oldham is usually about £20 at night

(although i usually cant remember what ive paid when coming back from manc at night)

There is a night bus at certain times on a fri/sat night I think.

Where abouts in Oldham also, because there is a good £5 difference from one side to the other aswell

Edited by Steffro

Taxi to oldham is usually about £20 at night

it says it's 4 miles from the hotel to manchester nightlife.

looks further than that to me. is the website incorrect?

£20 for 4 miles sounds a lot, i thought u northern scum were supposed to work for less!! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

taxis around us are supposed to be the cheapest in the country - if it is only 4 miles away it will be less than that!

i just multimap'd the hotel address to the printworks.

it says 5.2 miles.

i think i've just answered my own question.

next thing...

is oldham an ok area, is it the type of place i wanna leave my car overnight?

is oldham an ok area, is it the type of place i wanna leave my car overnight?

NO!

nah it aint that bad, but i think it that area (5.2 miles away in the oldham direction) i guess it could be pretty rough. I think in a car park should be ok, just wouldnt leave it on some quiet street.

You goin out in the printworks then?

Edit - you got the name of the area where the hotel is?

Edited by Steffro

NO!

nah it aint that bad, but i think it that area (5.2 miles away in the oldham direction) i guess it could be pretty rough. I think in a car park should be ok, just wouldnt leave it on some quiet street.

You goin out in the printworks then?

not sure, tbh i'm going up there to see a girl, so we are going for a meal at a chinese somewhere, and then going out for a few drinks, then we'll see what happens then smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

she lives in manc, but any suggestions on where to go would be appreciated as she is one of these girls who will go "errrr, i don't really know where to take you," so if i can make the decision for her it would be easier.

not sure, tbh i'm going up there to see a girl, so we are going for a meal at a chinese somewhere, and then going out for a few drinks, then we'll see what happens then smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

she lives in manc, but any suggestions on where to go would be appreciated as she is one of these girls who will go "errrr, i don't really know where to take you," so if i can make the decision for her it would be easier.

how much do you want to spend? its quite a trek to china town but the best chinease in manchester is yang sing, it is really expensive though,

a bit closer is a place called the glamorous, a resonable price and a resonable service, that ones quite harder to find, head toward oldham from the printworks and there is a chinease supermarket and a fire station next to each other, the glamorous is above the supermarket.

oh and are you going for quite drinks or to a club?

Edited by dash

how much do you want to spend? its quite a trek to china town but the best chinease in manchester is yang sing, it is really expensive though,

a bit closer is a place called the glamorous, a resonable price and a resonable service, that ones quite harder to find, head toward oldham from the printworks and there is a chinease supermarket and a fire station next to each other, the glamorous is above the supermarket.

i think she has sorted out where we are going to eat, it's more the bars/clubs i'm enquiring about.

arghhh, women!

had to cancel the hotel in oldham cos she says oldham is a **** hole (no offence to anyone in oldham), but if i get a hotel she isn't happy with then there is no chance of getting her back there afterwards !

having to look for another hotel now.

any suggestions?

Hey Adam,

Parking in manc is free after 6pm on streets with single yellows and parking bays until 8 in the morning, so if you need to make a sharp exit then you could do it for free! Hehe. Also, it's free all day on Sundays.

Sticking it in a carpark for 24hrs varies a bit but its around 7-10quid I think.

Hey Adam,

Parking in manc is free after 6pm on streets with single yellows and parking bays until 8 in the morning, so if you need to make a sharp exit then you could do it for free! Hehe. Also, it's free all day on Sundays.

Sticking it in a carpark for 24hrs varies a bit but its around 7-10quid I think.

i don't think i'd trust leaving my car on a street in the middle of manchester overnight.

would rather stick it in a carpark and pay the money.

There is a Travelodge at the top of LEVER ST MANCHESTER-

Its Travelodge Ancoats

Travelodge Manchester Ancoats Hotel

22 Great Ancoats Street, Ancoats

Manchester M4 5AZ

Tel: 0870 191 1782

Fax: 0161 235 8631

Parking:

Limited parking available for disabled guests only. Nearest NCP car park, with the Travelodge on your left hand side, is the 3rd street on the left after the Travelodge (Church Street Car Park). The charge for parking for a 24-hour overnight stay is £10.

Transport links:

Piccadilly railway stn - ½m

Manchester airport - 9m

Places to go:

Frog & Bucket

Comedy Club - nearby

Manchester United FC - 4½m

Whitworth Art Gallery - 4½m

Dunham Massey Hall - 13m

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/h...nchesterAncoats

Its on the corner very close to where I work. And only 2 minutes walk from Picadilly.

The other Travelodge is in Chadderton Oldham. Its next door to the Boat & Horses Pub, Broadway. Chadderton and 200 yards from the M60 junction 21. Your car will be OK parked up there as I have left many a car there overnight with no problems whatsover

Travelodge Oldham Hotel

432 Broadway

Oldham OL9 8AU

Tel: 0870 191 1735

Fax: 0870 191 1735

Parking:

free on-site

Transport:

Hollinwood station - 2 miles - to Victoria Station, Manchester

New Moston station - 3 miles to Victoria Station, Manchester

Manchester airport - 17½ miles

Bus routes nearby - 24, 181, 182 all into Manchester

Local attractions:

Spindles Shopping Centre - 4 miles

Lowry Centre - 6 miles

Manchester United FC - 7½ miles

Manchester City FC - 8 miles

Manchester College - 10 min drive

Manchester University - 20 min drive

Trafford Centre - 16 miles

http://www.travelodge.co.uk/find_a_hotel/h...l_id/165/Oldham

Hope you find something soon

Sinead x

Like you said printworks, Baby grande, Bar 38, Brannigans, some place called Teasers was pretty eye opening LOL.

There so many bars all over you may aswell just wander around and go in the places that look nice.

Like you said printworks, Baby grande, Bar 38, Brannigans, some place called Teasers was pretty eye opening LOL.

There so many bars all over you may aswell just wander around and go in the places that look nice.

she did mention teasers and told me there was some bird there that could turn her into a lesbo.

thanks sinead for the suggestions, i've managed to book a room at walkabout now, and it was a good price.

Edited by Adam K

i am going up to manc on the 9th december to go out on the piss in the town.

basically i've left it quite late to book a hotel and i don't wanna pay an extortionate rate for a hotel that i'm literally gonna dump my stuff at and then come back to inthe middle of the night so pissed that i won't care what it's like as long as the bed is comfy.

i looked for a travelodge and the closest one available is oldham.

is this a long way from manchester town centre? is it gonna cost me an arm and a leg for a taxi?

any tips greatfuly recieved.

cheers.

Oldham is miles away.

It'll take you an hour on a bus, or £300 in a taxi (since your southern, they'll drive you to bradford and back before you see oldham lol)

Nah, average is £60 - 80 for a taxi from Manc to Oldham.

I wudnt bother staying in oldham, its a dump, and i'll probably rob you . lol

£60-£80 ??????? LMAO

Think you got robbed LOL tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Manchester to that Travelodge on Broadway used to cost £10 ( I used to live around the corner from there ) - that was a couple of years ago mind you, so I's say about £20 tops now. On the bus it takes 20 minutes from the Travelodge ( dont drive into town each day for work as the parking cost me an arm and a leg! )

Oldham itself is a sh!thole though........... tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> Other side of Manchester is better for staying in though , around Wilmslow, but it would cost you loads in a taxi

Glad you got sorted out with somewhere..................Also, what about Longlegs? That's supposed to be a good night shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

Sinead x

Hi mate,

If you are staying at the walkabout, its a back packers type place.

I work across the road at the cinema.

You are more than welcome to park there, I can sort out your parking for £2.50 for 24hours.

Just let me know & ill pm you my number

As for places to go, if you want a nice bar, Relish has just opened that inside the great northern warehouse which is about 100 meters from where you will be staying.

Also teasers has shut down now mate!!

right, here is my dilema now...

i hate public transport with a passion, but i have just looked on the virgin trains website and a return journey (normal seat there, and first class on the way home) will cost me £40.50.

now i think it would cost me more than that just in fuel alone to drive the cupra there. then there is parking on top of that, and the fact i could just sleep on the way back home again cos i know i will be really tired and have had almost no sleep as checkout is at 10am from the hotel.

the train is looking more and more appealing.

It is a twenty min walk or a couple of quid in a taxi from the train station to the hotel.

Like I said the car park is £2.50 & its secure.

Im am on msn at dirtyarabintheuk@hotmail.com if you want a quick chat as I am in work for another half an hour or so.

angelo

Edited by angelo77