Clutch Problems

dj_slipp

I had my pedal box & clutch cable replaced by Seat 6 weeks ago after it cracked. Since then it's been hard to drive; stiff cluch, squeaking, stiff changing gear and awful to hold on the biting point.

Got Seat to have a look this weekend and they were amazed at how difficult it was to drive just around the car park! they reckon its a problem with the clutch, but will need to drop the gearbox out to be sure.

they reckon the broken pedal box may have caused damage to the clutch. i dont know much about clutches, but they think the teeth on the pressure plate may be damaged??? any ideas?

anyways all in all I guess i'm looking at £400 odd to get it sorted.

oh and i also had a chip in my windscreen that was getting repaired as well, but after they slammed the bonnet shut it cracked so i need a replacement now, another £50!

If the car drove fine before the pedal box broke then its definately something they've done. As for the windscreen, that their responsibility too. You wouldn't take a car to a garage with a slow puncture only to have them give it back with a shredded tyre, its up to them to replace the screen not yours.

Yeah as Max69vk said its more than likely to be the garage that has done something to it to cause the symptoms, i would take it back and say that, if they think they can get away with charging you for the extra work which they have caused then they will.

Good luck biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

and awful to hold on the biting point.

You shouldnt do that though wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Edited by cardaft

bonnets don't need to be slammed to be shut

lots of things "just happen" to happen when a car's in a garage, it's what they have insurance for smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Yeah I don't blame Seat for the windscreen - I never told them it had a big chip in it in the first place and I the area arounf the chip was very weak. In hindsight I should have told them.

Gav, I know what you mean about the car. I hope Seat can impress me with some decent service for once and get it sorted...!

Either way, if the car went in with a chip in the windscreen you should be getting it back the same way, not with a big crack. I worked for Autoglass for nearly 5 yrs & chips rarely crack off unless 1) You have extreme temperature swings 2) You've some how stressed the windscreen (big time!). Dropping the bonnet still shouldn't have cracked it off, it must have been slammed bloody hard!