peddle box

neojasper

how much should you pay for the peddle box sorting out dont want get ripped off blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

I think most people have had it done free at the dealers, even if it's out of warranty, they know it's a common problem.

I think it was "Devon" who had his peddle box repeaired for free only about 2 weeks ago. If i recall correctly his had a high mileage aswell.

rang 3 local vw dealers abot the prob they said because it was out of warrenty they would not do it for free they said i would have to pay £73 inspection fee then what ever the prob was i would have to pay the rest also worst case sinario was new peddle box plus fitting £438 + vat lol

That's utter bollox mate. Mine is a 51 plate with 110k on the clock and well out of warranty and I got mine done 2 weeks ago for free, hell they even washed the old girl for me too.

Ring your dealer tell them you spoke to VWUK and they told you to call to arrange to have it done for free and they will sort it out. All you will have to pay for is getting the car to them if it's undriveable (like mine was).

Be polite, don't loose your rag as they will do this free as "a matter of courtesy to a loyal VW customer as way of saying thank you for choosing VW".