New member with a problem

yellowperil

sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> Hi,

new to the club and sorry to say looking for some advice.

My wife and i share A nice little tdi and at just under two years old with 25,000 miles on the clock we are being told that we have clutch failure and need new front brakes the car is not driven hard.

Not happy about the brakes but this just seems to lean on it's front brakes like no other car i've ever had and then at the weekend went to go out on saturday morning and virtually no pressure in the clutch pedal and very very hard to select gear same sunday, monday and today thing is as you use it it goe's back to normal. Took it to the dealer ship this morning and reluctantly they had a quick look under the bonnet and said think it's your clutch mate and then proceeded to insult my driving style (nice) angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" /> .

Is this a common problem on the lupotdi and lupo's in general or is it just one of those things.

Any help advice greatfully received. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

the brakes and the clutch share the same hydraulic fluid resovoir, they may be a bleed nipple open somwhere like the clutch slave or the calipers. have you checked the brake/clutch fluid level???

driven hard you'd expect at least 70,000 miles from a clutch

Edited by Teflon

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> crikey you guys are quick, fantastic.

I have to admit i have been building classic fords for a few years now and even i thought it was unreasonable for a clutch to go at that mileage but you guys know these cars, so i think it might be a bit of a phone call to my dealership rip off gets that they are. blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Anyway thanks again for the quick response it is very much appreciated biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

could be master cylinder leak if the clutch goes back to normal if u pump it.

my was starting to do it.

my old ibiza cupra (the one i had 3 and a half years ago) did it and needed the master cylinder replacing, and apparently it's a common mk4 golf problem.

Edited by Adam K

smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> got it checked by two other garages both said slave or master cylinder,my uncle who knows his diesels works for lucas diesel development, said slave or master. Phoned another dealer ship and discribed the problem and they said slave or master, so i phoned my dealership and told them they now say they always intended to look at the cylinders first. What i wonder is will they pull a fast one and say it's the clutch because the cylinders are under warranty ? angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

What i wonder is will they pull a fast one and say it's the clutch because the cylinders are under warranty ? angry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry2:" border="0" alt="angry.gif" />

Tell them to do the cylinders then if it needs the clutch tell them to stick it up there greedy A**

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> yay she went in today and turns out it's a rather shot master cylinder which i had to drive without for six miles today. So much for their technician saying it was the clutch, sad thing is they can't get the part until monday/tuesday, good thing is we don't have to pay £600 for a new clutch. Have to say though not in love with the whole vw thing anymore.