My GTI

dxg

Just thought I'd stick up a pic of my GTI seeing as it was clean for once this morning.

hill.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Slowly sorting out its problems and absolutely loving it!!

Deek.

I seem to have a thing for flat black cars...

roadster.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

^^

This was the roadster which was great when it was dry but leaked all over the shop and just wasn't fast enough. Nice wastegate noise, and once you got used to timing your gear changes in advance the semi-auto box could be fun. This was the 80hp version so there was never really enough power to get the back end out and that was why I'd bought it. I could only put up with it for seven months before getting the Lupo.

polo_hills.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

^^

This was the car that introduced me to VWs. An SE Polo 9N with all the options from the Sport. Wheels, suspension drop, fogs, leather pack. My first - and problably last - car I have bought new - lost an absolute fortune on it. It was one of the very first 9Ns in the country and had a huge amount of problems because of it. Name a part of this car and I'll tell you what went wrong with it. Seriously, the roof was the only thing that worked as advertised. And yet I still loved it and still kind of wish I'd kept it. FB02 BXY - if anyone ever comes across it.

Before these I was mainly driving Fiats, so I'm not going to share those with you...

Good choice on the Lupo Gti smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

And nice choice in colour too, maybe im biased though biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Tom

• 2 years later...