...!?Can't Lower?!...

Plug

I went to my local vw modifing garage last week (midlands VW) to ask about my coilovers being lowered more, they said yeah as long as the coliovers arnt sezied up. They took a look at my car and said allthough the coliovers arnt seized, my coliovers where all the way down at the back wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> .....i asked them if they have to remove the locking nut, and they said they arnt able to do this ??? im confused wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Can any one shed some light

thanx...

Just to add while i was there that stupidly quick green lupo 20v turbo was there, looks like someone in my areas brought it laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

I think it actually voids the warranty of the coilover if you were to remove it and although a lot of people do it, i dont think it is advisable, which is probably why they wouldn't remove it for you.

Its pretty easy to do mate if you want to do it yourself.

Jack the back of the car up and get some axle stands under. Have a look under the spring on each side you will see the height adjusters. This can be unbolted from the car with one bolt. Pull the spring out, undo the adjuster, take off the locking ring and then re assemble smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Should take a matter of minutes once you've had a look.

If you haven't done this already since buying the car, give each coilover a good clean and re grease the threads with lithium grease or waxoil from halfords to stop the seizing.

Edited by syphon123