EPC and brake lights

Hello,

Just new to the forum although we have had our Lupo for 2 years.

The EPC light keeps coming on in our 51 Plate Lupo (1.4). I have also noticed that when this light is on, we have no brake lights. I booked the car into the garage and the day before it was due to go in, the light went out and the brake lights re-appeared. This morning the EPC light has come back on and again I have no brake lights.

I have checked the fuses etc and can see nothing wrong. Has any one else experienced this, know a fix or have any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Alan

Yup.

I'm on my 4th brake light switch!

Make sure when they change it, they give you a purple one, not a black one. The purple ones are the newer updated ones & seem to last a bit longer than the black ones!

If you want to do it yourself, its a 10 minute job...

Welcome to the forum by the way! smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I don't have my loop at the moment so a pic isn't possible I'm afraid...

The switch is located on the actual brake pedal & is simply a twist-click fit as far as I know. Stick your head into the footwell of the loop and have a look to see what you can find!

Other than a VW main dealer, I'm not sure where you'd be able to get one to be honest?

VW quoted me £30 to change it, including labour. At a guess, I'd say the part is probably at most about £10.

Mine have all been done under warranty though, so I've not had to pay for any yet!

This post has just got me thinking. My car has just thrown a epc light, after its new pedal box.

Mine did this also, i had to wait 2 weeks to get it booked in at the stealers for them to take a look then another week after that to get the work done, only when they had fitted the new switch did they say i didnt have any brake lights for 3 weeks blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> typical