Ahhhhhh sassafrass

Rachel

Now that I'v sold my Golf, I'v been searching high and low for a really good GTI, and last week one came up that caught my eye. It was black, 6 speed, low millage, and the killer air-con & sunroof combo cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> The only problem was, I'd have to go over to Guernsey to fetch it... but thats not so bad... I'v got a friend in Poole, so did a bit of research into the ferry crossings, and everything is easy-peasy.

Then someone suggested that as the Channel islands are tax free I might have to pay import duty confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> So I spent an hour on the phone yesterday to the DVLA, and Customs & excise, only to be finaly told that it would cost a fortune to bring it over as I'd have to pay VAT on the purchase price doh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":doh:" border="0" alt="doh.gif" />

I't would be cheeper to bring one over from Germany... now thats an idea wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Arrgh bummer sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> Sounded like a good buy too sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

i hatew it when that happens, found one in scotland and had no way of getting to it!

on a COMPLETELY different note. Andyp i noticed the quote in your sig. Was that a problem you had as my leads keep popping out. Any other suggestion other than that one biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I't would be cheeper to bring one over from Germany... now thats an idea wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

there was a black one in germany for just over 8000 euros a few days ago

no idea where i found it

It gets worse!!! I got an email today saying...

- Sorry to mess you around, but don't bother organising a trip over to see it, I'v just sold it back to the dealership.

Thats ok, she needed to get rid of it quickly to pay off her debts as shes off traveling around Australia... but then I read on...

- They gave me 5,000 for it, which is less than I wanted but had to sell it fast and was worried you wouldn't like it when you saw it.

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!!!! wtf.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wtf:" border="0" alt="wtf.gif" />

I'm half annoyed at the fact she accepted 5k for it, as I could have done that, paid the VAT bill, and still been happy, and half annoyed that the dealer has completly screwed her evil.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":evil:" border="0" alt="evil.gif" />

pffft dry.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="<_<" border="0" alt="dry.gif" />

If anyone spots a nice one with all the toys ( I do like my toys), please let me know biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />