Buying an arosa

Dblock

Alrite people i have deceided that i need a diesel engine. After looking at polo tdi's and admitting that they are a bit expensive i tried a lupo and a arosa. The arosa is a fair bit cheaper so thats fine.

I was just wondering the common faults and niggles to check when buying a 1.4 tdi 2001 Arosa. I have checked parkers but they dont actully live with the cars as you guys do.

Thanks

Daood

Nothing really to look out for, just check that its been regularly serviced (every 10,000 miles preferably), & that the cambelt has been done if required (quoted 60,000 miles, but would keep an eye out after 40,000). They can sound a little bit rattly from cold but once warmed up they do quieten down. You will get some black cloud from the exhaust when you stamp it hard but I would keep an eye out for constant or blue smoke as this could indicate a turbo (seal) problem.

woops! i forgot yours was a druv burner max blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Edited by one litre wonder ;)

woops! i forgot yours was a druv burner max blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Shhh, its a secret! laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Again not much to report fault wise, I've done about 9000 miles in mine in the last 6 months and apart from new tyres and a service it's not given me any trouble at all.

Just check it's been regularly serviced. Also you'll be able to p**s your mates off when you only have to pay £50 per year road tax!