Pedal Box Broke

Hi All,

The pedal box on my Arosa sport broke last week. It's been dodgy for a few weeks.

Did my research about getting it fixed out of goodwill by Seat. Checked all the part numbers with Seat and VW to ensure it was a manufacturer fault, but because its too far out of warrenty they say I'll have to pay.

Bit disappointed, but Seat say it'll cost £175 to supply and fit it - so not bank breaking.

I know a few Lupos have had it done free, but any have any Arosa's managed it?

Mine broke on tuesday night, great birthday present. Had to drive it home without the clutch, which was not fun in the traffic. Now I am demoted to my sisters old festa.

most of the lupo's i have checked have been covered by vw goodwill.

was that you i saw near tonbridge last friday? i was totally lost!!!!

this is crazy. mine broke on my birthday too and i'm demoted to my brothers clio! are we in some kind of linked life?

how old is your arosa Gav? what are you doing about getting your fixed?

My arosa is a 2001 mk2 model.

Trying to see if it a recall like the ibiza, but does not look like it. Its in the garage now getting fixed and is going to cost between 150-200. Might be cheaper if it is welded. Might phone seat uk.

Yeh that was me in Tonbridge, thought I recognised the driver/car. Meant to post it in the spotted section and bloody hell you must have been lost, Tonbridge is miles from Fleet.

My arosa is a 2001 mk2 model.

Trying to see if it a recall like the ibiza, but does not look like it. Its in the garage now getting fixed and is going to cost between 150-200. Might be cheaper if it is welded. Might phone seat uk.

Yeh that was me in Tonbridge, thought I recognised the driver/car. Meant to post it in the spotted section and bloody hell you must have been lost, Tonbridge is miles from Fleet.

lol wasn't going to fleet! met grapo and dubweiser in tonbridge to give them some parts! got pushed into the wrong lane coming out of tonbridge, and then struggled to find my way home!!!

what we the symptoms before it broke?

clutch pedal feeling hirrid and stiff, almost like ur pushin it in 2 sections(if that makes sense)

also the clutch pedal sits higher up than brake pedal

and sometimes the car will not go into gear.

mine has been doing it since i got it (oct '05) and iv been putting off welding it because im too lazy blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Not looking good at the moment, the garage I have taken it to has been really busy and now thay have finally come back with a price of £344, which is £100 more than our initial phone call. blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> Pissed off, because pod is this weekend. Time to look for another garage to fix it, sharp!! And get rid of the my seat, because customer care is so piss poor.

My seat garage quoted 340 so I phoned up seat uk, told them what I know about the problem and they are making a contribution. Waiting to see how much the damage is. They have had the car over a week, and should be ready today. Well it better be or I am stranded at work without a car, and will force them to drive me home.

Cheeky that different Seat garages will charge different amounts. Is that Westerham Seat? Hope it all gets sorted.

So you really considering trading it in now? What you gonna get instead?

Been properly screwed over. Seat tell you one thing and make you believe you will get a contribution/all payed for. So I went for their quote rather than another cheaper garage. Then when it comes to getting the car back you have to pay the full bill, and then claim back the money later(something which was not explained at the start). From what I have found out its going to cost me £343 and I am getting naff all. This is the final nail in the coffin really, seat have not got the skills to look after customers (and I have now been to 3 different main dealers in my area). I would not mind as much if I did not look after the car and it had a full service history. I have asked lots of friends and they have never had a pedal snap off, its obviously a car fault which the manufacturer should fix. Shame because its a great little car, and after this is fixed should provide some good motoring.

One last rant quote:

ME: So I sould sell the car and never buy seat again.

CS: Thats up to you.

Seems as if Seat really want to keep customers loyal to the brand.