Schrick cams installed: 154 hp @ 7660 rpm ...

unora

I did myself without the F*** VW tool so first time I get some errors because G40 and G28 sensors were not syncronized wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Thats fantastic, good to see that engine can be tuned.

Please remind me again, is it manifold, cams and remap?

and BMC.

Next step will be rotrex or ITB coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" /> Any recomendation ?

The car is a GTi.

Cam profiles: intake 268º and 9,15 mm lift, exhaust 252º (dont remember lift, but i think is 9 mm).

Does anyone explain to me what is "gasflowed" ?

I paid 1180 euros (cams + custom chip + shipping to Spain).

Edited by unora

cant explain it good enough myself but this may help

http://www.maxauto.co.za/cntview.asp?CatID=37&CntID=206

Where did you get the custom chip/remap? and did this lift the rev limiter?

Thanks, it is a good for me.

I got the kit from Rueddel Motorsport.

I dont know, sorry. GTi has a long stroke and I think that piston speed is near its limit.

Edited by unora

I will do a new dyno pass because I had many problems with the low weight of the Lupo but they are right: 154 hp and 154 Nm. Now I have the cat installed, before to second pass I will decat.

Edited by unora

Wow, that is really impressive stuff. If those cams make that much of an improvement I cant wait to get them combined with my itb's.

As a comparison I have:

155bhp at 7000rpm

161bhp at 7500rpm

167bhp at 8000rpm

120 - 125lbft from 3000rpm until 6000rpm

Clearly the cams give a much better improvement in peak torque than my itb's although I had my engine tuned for power not torque to try to limit impact on gearbox and clutch.

*Edited as this sounds like I am being snotty. I was just showing how cams make the power delivery very different to how itb's do. Also how two similar engines with the same power can have very different torque values.

Edited by LINCOLNSHIRESLUPOGTI

Just imagen adding both together

wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Combined with head work and a specifically designed exhaust system I am expecting 190bhp or there abouts.

What are the maximum rpm can I reach with original conrods, crankshaft and pistons ?

And valve springs ?

My Lupo is fully loaded. Man who operated the dyno is a friend of me and still has not to much experience.

LINCOLNSHIRESLUPOGTI: Can I see photos of your car ? What ITBs ? Where ? How ? ...To much questions biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Heres the rolling road graph

http://www.tigz.demon.co.uk/LUPO---ROLLING...RD-DOCUMENT.doc

Heres a little vid clip of the sound DSC00735sized.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

DSC00734sized.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

These are mine sized.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Test-fit-to-engine.JPG border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

is amazing how the cams totally kill the torque levels,

1600 16v can produce 130 lb.ft

am hoping new cams will not destroy this

Nice photos blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" /> blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Mmmm perhaps but I prefer 115 lb-ft at 7.000 rpm instead 130 lb-ft at 3.500 rpm blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Edited by unora