Mazda MX5 wheels on a VW?

Just pondering wheel choice on my next motor (picking up a Scirocco at weekend) and from this site found that Mazda MX-5 rims are the right PCD and offset and a larger bore so in theory would fit with reducing bore adapters (or if you're risky leave them as is and let the bolts carry all the weight).

Just wondered if anyone else has tried this? Or can recommend other non-VAG wheels that will fit, was thinking about the Renault Clio Ph1 Turbine styles as seen at least one Loop? When fitting other makes do people bother about bore differences?

And yes I know this isn't very Lupo (although the same rims would fit a Lupo) related but as the users on hear seem to be some of the most helpful on VAG issues I thought I'd pick your brains!

Other than that anyone recommend nice rims for a Black Mk2 Scirocco? I like BBS but want something different and hopefully cheaper!

the wheels I bought off ebay were from an mx-5. just get the correct spacers and it'll be fine. just as previously said dont leave them on the bolts, you'll probably kill yourself.

I did see some wheels once, that were delorean replica's in 4x100. not sur ewhat they were called, but they would look ace on a black rocco.

wheel-repair-3.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Edited by Petrified

put skinnymostly worn arosa wheels on the rear of a old MX5 once, fitted fine and provided lots of easy oversteer drifting though they wore through after about 20min lol

the wheels I bought off ebay were from an mx-5. just get the correct spacers and it'll be fine. just as previously said dont leave them on the bolts, you'll probably kill yourself.

I did see some wheels once, that were delorean replica's in 4x100. not sur ewhat they were called, but they would look ace on a black rocco.

wheel-repair-3.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="" />

Hmm look very nice, although have to admit to growing fond of the p-slots, just need two centres and maybe a refurb or mirror polished...