bit of induction

kenzie

hi,

i'm considering a powertec induction kit for my sport.

what do they sound like with induction kits on? is it a big noise difference?

any help apreciated.

cheers.

the reason i'm askin is as standard, the car has a wee bit of a growl when you rev it, just thinking that these will sound good with induction kits.

i had a powertec on my sport and i loved it. got a video of the noise somewhere. canislupo has it now and loves it too smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> very loud and a really nice sound not too chavvy wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I dont think anyone has done a accurate test to see which filter gives the best gains/losses over the origional. My car saw 106.5 bhp with a k&n induction kit, but the car might have had more than that in the first place, or the rolling road at Northampton might have been out.

Dont expect any noticeable gain in performance, but yes you will get a throaty induction note.

i'm not expecting a power gain, just noise.

what is the standard figures for these, is it bang on 100?

also has anyone raced any mgzr's?

i got raped by one and it only had a pipercross ind. kit and a universal exhaust. huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

also has anyone raced any mgzr's?

i got raped by one

Really? I didnt think sexual intercorse between a man and an motorvehicle was possible, espeically un-consensually...

my sport with a bmc and 117k miles was pushing out 117.5bhp at interpro rolling road.

2 weeks later with a new manifold and decat it's now at 126bhp.

they had a polo 16v on the rollers the week before and it was 106bhp with the standard airbox.

i had a powertec on my sport and i loved it. got a video of the noise somewhere. canislupo has it now and loves it too smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> very loud and a really nice sound not too chavvy wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Would agree with that, sounds very throaty, and loud, sure does turn some heads when i boot it down the road tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

my sport with a bmc and 117k miles was pushing out 117.5bhp at interpro rolling road.

2 weeks later with a new manifold and decat it's now at 126bhp.

they had a polo 16v on the rollers the week before and it was 106bhp with the standard airbox.

WTF!? You've only got BMC and you got 117.5 brake, behave! what else you done?

i'm not expecting a power gain, just noise.

You just want noise? You should of bought a saxo. wtf.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wtf:" border="0" alt="wtf.gif" />

Edited by dubweiser2005

yeah mate i had a pwertech on my lupo sport and they are loud!

but sound wkd! sound better then the bmc imo!!!

also around £50 cheaper......

if its a nice big sound your looking for you will love the powertech!

You just want noise? You should of bought a saxo. wtf.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wtf:" border="0" alt="wtf.gif" />

i never said i dont want a power gain, i said im not expecting a power gain.

Each to their own but I think you comment is wrong. I like a bit of induction noise, hence the fact I have a k&n induction kit. When you go to any car show there is plenty of exhaust and induction noise, whether its saxos or vw's. Just because you like a bit of engine sound does not mean we have to buy a saxo.

anyway time for coffee.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":coffee:" border="0" alt="coffee.gif" />

Dont forget, his car might actually have more than this figure, maybe less. Its only 1 rolling road so you can't just say ohhh its got 117.5 bhp and thats it end of story.

Rolling roads are a bit of a lottery

Petrified is doing the best thing and seeing how it performs on the track which is where it really counts, how the car performs against other cars etc in real life situations.

Im not having a go just expressing my opinion

T