Newbie Arosa Questions

Bushboy

Hello, my first post here and possibly not my only tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

I currently own a Fiat Cinquecento Sporting and find them hard to beat. ive sold and then returned to them 3 times in the past and im on my 4th at the moment. Im quite into modifying them and have done engine conversions in the past etc.

My questions about the Arosa start at the engines. I can only really afford an MK1 arosa, and tbh, i quite prefer the front end to the MK2 arosa.

What options have I got for an Mk1 Arosa?

Is there a 1.4 16v sport version for the MK1 or is this engine exclusive to the MK2?

Also, im finding it quite hard to find a complete engine spec list on the net. Im not really interested in the 1litre versions as it would be a step backwards as far as im conserned.

What is the spec of the MK1 1.4 engine? and as above, is there 16V 100hp version or is it just the 8v engine? if so, what sort of power does the 1.4 output?

Another few questions regarding the swappability of the parts between the MK1 and MK2? are bumpers ad rear lights etc. swappable?

Thanks

any help would be appreciated!

you can get a Mk1 arosa sport , pretty sure its the 100bhp engine thats in it as well . as for prefering the mk2 front end , i am 99% certain that you can if you have the ££ of find one thats in a scrappy , nick all the front end pannels of a mk2 and then bolt them on to your mk1

Tired Craig?

He said he prefers the Mk1 Arosa front to the Mk2 (obviously a man with taste!)

Yes they did do a 16v as already said, but they are fairly rare and most came in a yellow/green colour (a real marmite colour)

The 1.4 8v is only 60bhp as standard, but due the fact that the engine is as old as the hills, very easy to tune!

Another few questions regarding the swappability of the parts between the MK1 and MK2? are bumpers ad rear lights etc. swappable?
Tired Craig?

He said he prefers the Mk1 Arosa front to the Mk2 (obviously a man with taste!)

tired is an understatement but from him saying that he can only afford a mk1 and then going on about swapable parts wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

I could afford an MK2 if i bothered to save up tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> but swappable parts can be cheap anyway.

Thanks for the replys guys.

What sort of power can be gained out of the 1.4 8v? is it the most powerful engine avaliable bar the 16v?

have done a Punto 60 engine conversion into a cinq in the past. not really a complicated swap, just envolved swapping the lumps over and a few bits and bobs. the wiring is all the same. the engines themselves are practically the same anyway.

Wouldnt really be fussed about turbo power at the moment (although my last car was an Uno Turbo biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> ). but 60hp really isnt great sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> specialy not from a 1.4 but considering its an old engine I suppose ill let it off for now tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> The cinq im running at the moment is a 1.1 with ported and polished head, fast road cam, cat back exaust system and a custom made induction kit. looking around 65hp.

May have to hunt for a 16v 1.4 rather than settle for an 8v.

Welcome and fair play for meddling with a Cinq biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Always liked them, somehow never got round to getting one blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Welcome and fair play for meddling with a Cinq biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Always liked them, somehow never got round to getting one blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Cinqs are great fun. A little underpowered as standard but can really fly with a bit of modding. A mate of mine has a 110hp Turbo converted cinq. Thats alot of fun cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" />

I see the lupo/arosa as a modern version of the cinq. Its the same sort of styling and size but with a modern edge to it (the cinq was first released in 1992 i believe so is a little outdated design wise).

Bushboy not another car mate its one every week for you (the younger modder wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> you should recognise my cinq from the fiat forum )

Trust me though mate the arosa is a good upgrade from the cinqy's its like a modern version of one with more luxury

Mine is the 2003 mk2 1.4 8v and its seems and feels alot more than the quoted 60bhp and pulls like a train using stuff all revs which is the total opposite of the cinqs smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

the sport is probably the beter option ill admit that myself but at the time i couldnt find one for sale in mk2 form now theres more sports than any other model for sale

but the major advantage of the 8v is only grp 3 insurance as cheap if not cheaper to insure than my cinq sporting but after the uno i doubt that would concern you

any way welcome mate

Wayne

Alot of ex-cinq owners have Arosas/Lupos, as the shape is very similar.

Mine is the 2003 mk2 1.4 8v and its seems and feels alot more than the quoted 60bhp and pulls like a train using stuff all revs which is the total opposite of the cinqs smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I think the reason why you think it pulls so well is the touque, IIRC its quite high for a low powered car.

yeah thats what I quite like about them, similar shape and size but with a more modern look.

And yeah, if the engines got alot of torque then ital go great. Torque is more important in normal driving anyway.

Edited by Bushboy

Alot of ex-cinq owners have Arosas/Lupos, as the shape is very similar.

I think the reason why you think it pulls so well is the touque, IIRC its quite high for a low powered car.

Yes my dad also saids its a similar shape to the cinq with the flatish backend etc

And adam as far as i can remember the torque figure was quoted quite low?

wayne

EDIT: Just read my manual for the car ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> 116 Nm at 3000 revs and 60hp at 4700 revs 0-60 in 14.1 which is slow compared to the cinq sportsings quoted 13.8 BUT a cinq sporting can not pull away from me at all no matter how much the lad tried laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Arosa sport is 126 Nm at 4400 revs and 100hp at 6000 revs

try one bushboy you wont be disapointed i certainly arent, ill admit ive had a few problems with it etc but i love it still

visit the following site NL Arosa club have a search around and youl find a silver mk1 which is now running a lupo gti engine and box with a few pics

wayne

Edited by The subtle modder

Yes my dad also saids its a similar shape to the cinq with the flatish backend etc

And adam as far as i can remember the torque figure was quoted quite low?

wayne

EDIT: Just read my manual for the car ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> 116 Nm at 3000 revs and 60hp at 4700 revs 0-60 in 14.1 which is slow compared to the cinq sportsings quoted 13.8 BUT a cinq sporting can not pull away from me at all no matter how much the lad tried laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Arosa sport is 126 Nm at 4400 revs and 100hp at 6000 revs

try one bushboy you wont be disapointed i certainly arent, ill admit ive had a few problems with it etc but i love it still

visit the following site NL Arosa club have a search around and youl find a silver mk1 which is now running a lupo gti engine and box with a few pics

wayne

Thats quite a high torque figure, specialy considering the quite low bhp figure. Although for normal driving, the torque is what you need. unless you plan to be flooring it around at 5000rpm all day then you wont benefit as muchfrom a high bhp figure as you would a high torque figure.

A standard cinq sporting engine is 55bhp with 83nm torque. this is why the arosa probably feels quicker and indeed it should be! specialy at motorway speeds where the standard cinq seems to lack. Doing a 1242 punto 60 engine conversion only ups the bhp by 5 (to 60bhp) but increases the torque by 30% which is why the cinq performs so much better with a 1242 as it will actually pull on a motorway. The arosa should in theory still be quicker, although weight may be an issue smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

I still want one tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> but im loving my cinq

must admit after playing with me sporting the other day still cant fault the centos smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

My arosa weighs 899kg and if i remember correctly a cinq sporting weighs 850kg so not much extra weight really and torque figure does seem good after ive been comparing it lately smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

On the motorway mine pulls like a train and its hard to keep it at 70 which is annoying sometimes because the engine want to go between 2500-3500 revs and on the motorway sitting at 70mph its sitting at 3100 revs in fifth so overtakings no problem and theres no need at all to changedown biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> doesnt do anything for the fuel consumption though although i seem to average 42mpg which aint bad really

go for one you wont regret it, dont bother with one with a guarantee there just not work the extra at all, you do have problems with these cars like the cinqs but theyre hopefully worth it

are you in stoke near fez park any time soon?

wayne

must admit after playing with me sporting the other day still cant fault the centos smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

My arosa weighs 899kg and if i remember correctly a cinq sporting weighs 850kg so not much extra weight really and torque figure does seem good after ive been comparing it lately smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

On the motorway mine pulls like a train and its hard to keep it at 70 which is annoying sometimes because the engine want to go between 2500-3500 revs and on the motorway sitting at 70mph its sitting at 3100 revs in fifth so overtakings no problem and theres no need at all to changedown biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> doesnt do anything for the fuel consumption though although i seem to average 42mpg which aint bad really

go for one you wont regret it, dont bother with one with a guarantee there just not work the extra at all, you do have problems with these cars like the cinqs but theyre hopefully worth it

are you in stoke near fez park any time soon?

wayne

cinq is 750kg tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> . the engine must have quite a bit of go for seat to have had the gear ratios so low! (i think its low anyway tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />).. cinq is 4000rpm at 75.. 70 would be about 3800ish.

i still find the cinq slow although its a bit unfair for me to compare it to my last car which was the Uno Turbo. But its in my head now as being normal so the cinq feels slow heh. its not for a cinq as its had head work done so pulls nicely but you just cant compare it to an Uno Turbo which quite literally obliterates everything in its class tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> goodbye mr saxo laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Im still considering one, but not yet.. not even got the documents through for the cinq yet laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

cinq is 750kg tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> cool.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid="B)" border="0" alt="cool.gif" /> . the engine must have quite a bit of go for seat to have had the gear ratios so low! (i think its low anyway tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />).. cinq is 4000rpm at 75.. 70 would be about 3800ish.

i still find the cinq slow although its a bit unfair for me to compare it to my last car which was the Uno Turbo. But its in my head now as being normal so the cinq feels slow heh. its not for a cinq as its had head work done so pulls nicely but you just cant compare it to an Uno Turbo which quite literally obliterates everything in its class tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> goodbye mr saxo laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Im still considering one, but not yet.. not even got the documents through for the cinq yet laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

i honestly thought the sportings were heavier than that ohmy.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":o" border="0" alt="ohmy.gif" /> and as i say the power band so to speek is totally different to the cinq but better, you know what i mean laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

forgot about you having the uno turbo what happened to that? And your usually on your third replacement car before the docs have come through i dread to think of the amount of cars youve had rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

wayne

EDIT: what about this as a project

http://autos.blue-sock.com/clients/5/images/large/246054.jpg

Edited by The subtle modder