epc light

• 2 weeks later...

ePC is engine management, as the key in the car manual you get with it says..

mine just came on for a shortish journey then was on on the way back too, but had a look under the bonnet, turned the car on n its gone off! brake lights work aswell... so anyone know what could be the problm??

iv just fitted a k&N induction kit, but had it on 3 days and its the 1st time iv seen this light!

My light flashes on now and again, had it checked at VW a while back and it was the Brake Light Switch.

May well be a dodgy connection around the Brake light? confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

EPC is 'Electronic Pedal Controls' isnt it??!!

I have this problem, it comes up epc, then goes out after a few mins, only happens once or twice every other month - I do seem to have two epc lights - but only one ever comes on! My cars going main dealers tomorrow for a service, I'll see what they say.

EPC is Electronic Pedal Control, and although mine has flashed on for a minute or two a few times since the last service, yesterday I was told it is not a problem unless it stays on. It did not record any fault codes in the memory.

Still don't like the thought of a warning light popping on though...