Cars offcially off the road....for turbo install

tuffers

Ok where do i start biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Plan to start stripping the sdi next weekend. Just have a few issues to get sorted and purchase a suitable oil lub system for the turbo.

Fitting a TDI oil filter housing is out of the question. So, i either find a suitable outlet on existing housing or get a separate pump, cooler and filter setup.

If i go down the dry sump setup and use a electric pump im concerned about cold oil at start. Advantage would be nice clean oil for the turbo and possibly install a switch to act like a turbo timer.

Other option maybe a sandwich plate between the filter and housing for a oil cooler with a take off outlet for turbo supply. This seems the cheaper setup. Just a case of finding the correct adpater.

Anybody make sense of the above please comment. As far as i can see, this is the only thing i need sorting, everything else is ready to slap on.

Turbo, intake, fmic, exhaust flange needs fabricating,Turbosmart boost controller and gauge, gaskets for exhaust and intake manifolds.

Not purchased intercooler pipework yet, thought it might be better to fit parts first then measure properly rather than G'estimate. Thats about it for the first stage. Run at low boost til i get compression lowered and then who knows, injectors, remap.

It has been mentioned about the lack of oil squirters. This is not true an SDI HAS oil squirters.

Im scared. wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" /> Anybody willing to come help me. Id pay you.

Cheers

Diesel tuning is abit of a black art for me, but I wish you luck smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

try using a t piece where the oil pressure switch is,use one for the switch and one for the turbo feed,thats what van aaken did when they turbo my ka.

Ill look into that. cheers

Are you on the turbo diesel forums

Ive got lots of advice from tdiclub, including a method of controlling the vnt turbo vanes.

thanks for the good luck ill need it. Post some more when i make a start.

Edited by tuffers

Once again, good luck Paul I'm sure you'll pull it owf mate! wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Mark