280mm brake conversion

afaik the Ibiza GTI 16v used same brakes as the Mk2 16v, however it may need the hubs changeing to suit the carriers as i dont think the Ibiza had a seperate carrier.

That is what I thought......dohhh!!!

I WANT A 280mm conversion laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Dont we all. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

• 3 weeks later...

I had done some more research with friends and SEAT dealers and the 1998 SEAT Ibiza (Mk2) GTI 2.0 16v brakes are the same as the Ibiza Cupra 1.8T (Mk3) non Brembo brakes.

Won a complete set of discs, pads, carriers and calipers smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Cleaning them up as they are a little rusty and will paint and fit them soon.........will post pics in due course!

Multi tasking at the moment as also restoring my 16" Momo Arrow alloys

Edited by mike_m

I cleaned up the brakes and got the best colour match I could on the carriers by adding some black paint to the red campiper paint and all is now fitted.

Bedding them in but they are an improvement and look better than the standard items