mk2 arosa sport exhaust

eXXXtreme arosa

hi guys i took abit of a gamble on monday, fed up of not being able to find a center exit exhaust for my sport i went a bought a lupo gti scorpion evo back box. hoping it would fit. i asked venom and they had no idea but i bought it any and GOOD NEWS!!! fits like a glove! hehe loooks sweet as a nut on b597ba03.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

e0ffc18f.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

my old back box is for sale too! offers welcomed its off a 2001 '51' plate arosa. will fit all arosa sports, lupo's with the centre exit and any other arosa's lupo's with some modification.

67690352.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

db418811.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

as you can see the old box is in gd condition and the tip has been polished up to its original shine

hi guys i took abit of a gamble on monday, fed up of not being able to find a center exit exhaust for my sport i went a bought a lupo gti scorpion evo back box. hoping it would fit. i asked venom and they had no idea but i bought it any and GOOD NEWS!!! fits like a glove! hehe loooks sweet as a nut on smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Had you asked, anyone of us would of told you it fits laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Glad you like it though, it does look good.

any other arosa's lupo's with some modification.

huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" /> If you mean cutting holes in a non sports wheel well to get it to fit, then yes it will with "some modification" smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

If you mean cutting holes in a non sports wheel well to get it to fit, then yes it will with "some modification" smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Slicing the spare wheel off the base of the spare wheel well, reducing it to space saving depth and welding a plate into the hole could be classed as "some modification" also? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Looks better on a Sport than it does on a GTI.

Still think a twin pipe centre exit suits the car more, but its not my car so who cares what I think rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

If you do deside its too quiet (it doesnt really get any louder with age) ou could always remove the centre box.

@tigz - or you do what i am planning and order up a spair wheel well from the stealers and then get a coachworks ( theres one about 700yards from my house ) and then get them to cut out the standard wheel well and then get the new one welded in biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

@tigz - or you do what i am planning and order up a spair wheel well from the stealers and then get a coachworks ( theres one about 700yards from my house ) and then get them to cut out the standard wheel well and then get the new one welded in biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Whats the point when you can buy a plate from VW and just weld that in?

Pointless replacing the whole thing.

Slicing the spare wheel off the base of the spare wheel well, reducing it to space saving depth and welding a plate into the hole could be classed as "some modification" also? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Looks better on a Sport than it does on a GTI.

Still think a twin pipe centre exit suits the car more, but its not my car so who cares what I think rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

If you do deside its too quiet (it doesnt really get any louder with age) ou could always remove the centre box.

had thought about it tigs but it has got louder since ive been out driving in it tonight. i do have a straight section of pipe laying around i could put in there but wouldnt i loose too much pressure?

car feels like it has alot more torque bottom end now and i think its loud enough in the 2500-5000 rpm range tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

looks good. what is your technique for polishing the standard pipe?

some g3 cutting compound and a mop smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> comes up a treat!!

nice mate why did you change?

because i wanted abit more of an aggressive noise and a diffrent look, sumin to fill the gap and it does that niiiiiicely wub.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wub:" border="0" alt="wub.gif" /> love it!

i do have a straight section of pipe laying around i could put in there but wouldnt i loose too much pressure?

To be honest the middle silencer is tiny, and does very little.

I would be very supprised if it had much, if any negitive effects.

Would be worth the try Im sure.

Or you could always replace the manifold.

http://forums.clublupo.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=17336

i was looking at that thread earlier this week but i dont want to tinker with the engine to much as im only 18 so my insurance isnt all that cheap at the mo if i can find a sound company who love modded cars then ill buy one but till then i cant really afford to.

know of any good cheap insurers who will cover mods like for like????

Adrian Flux has been pretty good to me, although I havn't had to make a claim so I dont have any complaints.

Heard of a few problems with the customer service, but Ive never had any.

Isn't an exhaust manifold going to be the same as an exhaust on your insurance?

What did your company say about your exhaust?

Adrian Flux has been pretty good to me, although I havn't had to make a claim so I dont have any complaints.

Heard of a few problems with the customer service, but Ive never had any.

Isn't an exhaust manifold going to be the same as an exhaust on your insurance?

What did your company say about your exhaust?

haha my renewal is in 2months so i havent said anything to them.

Wheres your wheels gone?

gritters are still about and lots of salt on the roads so i thought it best to put em away plus i wana wait till my coilovers are fitted and settled before sticking the new rims on. they be back out very soon tho when the weather decideds to cheer up abit biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> shades.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":shades:" border="0" alt="shades.gif" />

looks really nice but while were on the subject is the scorpion Gti box smaller than the standard sport boxand piping smaller as well? just a thought?

and no i doubt the insurance man will notice that mad but dont push your luck too much on mods and i dont know a company who will insure you for reasonable money at 18 WITH mods

wayne

looks really nice but while were on the subject is the scorpion Gti box smaller than the standard sport boxand piping smaller as well? just a thought?

and no i doubt the insurance man will notice that mad but dont push your luck too much on mods and i dont know a company who will insure you for reasonable money at 18 WITH mods

wayne

hiya wayne the box is smaller than standard as the internals are simpler but the pipes are the same.

i cant believe how much better the car pulls and picks up speed i wana get it on the rollers out of interest. the diffrence is incrediable

Edited by eXXXtreme arosa

Yea get it on the rollers if you can! Not really seen any results of Arosa Sports . Anyone else had theirs on the rollers standard or modified..without going too much off topic smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Yea get it on the rollers if you can! Not really seen any results of Arosa Sports . Anyone else had theirs on the rollers standard or modified..without going too much off topic smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

yeh wil try to soon as possible. whats ur arosa look like then matt? is it standard?

Yeah had mine on the rollers because i thought it had lost power with my longlife backbox, and it had. was running 97 bhp.

so i took it back to longlife and they re-fabricated it. been meaning to get it back on the rollers, but i still reckon my standard exhaust was better than a custom one.

i should have got a supersprint one instead of the custom one 2 years ago, but i was young and naive.

Yeah had mine on the rollers because i thought it had lost power with my longlife backbox, and it had. was running 97 bhp.

so i took it back to longlife and they re-fabricated it. been meaning to get it back on the rollers, but i still reckon my standard exhaust was better than a custom one.

i should have got a supersprint one instead of the custom one 2 years ago, but i was young and naive.

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" /> i was temped by a custom system but i went for the tried and instead sound lush now its coked up abit hehe! go for a scorpion!!!!!!!!! they're brill, fits perfect biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> roars tooo biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

• 2 weeks later...

I know this may be abit old now but l just had a Scorpion Back Box for a GTI come today and it's for my Arosa Sport, the same as (Exxxtreme Arosa). This is a question more for you mate, as you said it fitted like a glove. So you did'nt have to cut or add any new pipe and it just went on no problem, did you do it your self or did you take it to a garage.

The place where l ordered it from have cocked up abit, l think because they have sent me through two scorpion back boxes when l only ordered one and have cheaked with the card company and they have only charged me for one so, if they don'nt notice what they have done it will be up for sale at a good price..