Gti Front Side light.

NBR

Tried to change one last night. Seems like a major chor. Spoke to one of the Mechanics at work (peugeot). He seems to think its a light out jobby. Is this correct?

Cheers

Neil

It's not a lights out job - but is very fiddly!

Do a 'search' or look back a couple of pages and you should find a post or two on how to change them, etc.

On the back of the sidelight casing there is a small metal bar that runs from one side to the other - if you push this down it releases the rear of the casing and you then have (poor) access to what you need.

Hi mate, are we still on for thursday?

If you are I can do them for you when we get there.

Took me five min to do mine, but I was high on red bull at the time.

Hi mate, are we still on for thursday?

If you are I can do them for you when we get there.

Took me five min to do mine, but I was high on red bull at the time.

Just realised I posted this in the wrong section, sorry mate:

Copied this from the relevent thread for you anyway bud:

I the bulbs you need are about the size of your thumbnail and have a flat end where they push in.

To change bulb = open bonnet and look at the rear of the sidelight housing - it's all black plastic except a metal bar that goes from one side to the other - simply push the metal bar down (needs a bit of force). This enables you to pull away the backside of the sidelight housing - it's then a case of locating the correct bulb holder and pulling it out. The correct bulb holder is the small black round one which simply pushes in and pulls out - the other one (which is held in place by two small metal clips) holds the bulb for your full (?) beam - the one that lights up when you flash somone.

Top Tips:

A. Passenger side is easier to do as there is more space, if doing drivers side I found it easier to remove the engine cover.

B. If your sure you have the correct bulb you can use pliers to gently prise it out (as mine were really stuck in there hole) but make sure you grab the plastic holder and not the wires!

C. Use a torch as it can be pretty dark down there.

D. If your doing the drivers side have some plasters ready as it's tight down there.