VW now offering OEM iPod kit...

AndyW

I've just been reading through the GTi and R32 sections on Tyresmoke to pass my holidays and I've noticed a few posts mentioning a dealer fit iPod kit, just like the Dension ICE Link + I have in my Lupo.

Now all I have at the moment are the part numbers, and I'm a little short on general info, from what people have posted, it seems to have exactly the same functions as the Dension kit, in that you have full control of the iPod through the OEM VW stereo (the RCD 300 and the RCD 500 are the mainstay in new VW's now it appears).

The part numbers are as follows...

The VW iPod adaptor part number is :- 1KO 051 444

I am pretty sure the Dock part number is :- 1KO 051 445

Apparently it costs about a £100 for the kit, so dead on same price as the Dension and £65 for fitting. This is a great little option on new VW's if you ask me, as at the moment about the most iPod friendly options you can get out of car manufacturers is a line out socket on the dash somewhere.

If anyone can add some more info this would be good for future buyers as I know theres a few people out there into this sort of thing. I'm not sure on backwards compatability with the old style VW headunits, maybe the Dension is the better bet in these cases.

lupogtiboy, if you hear about any info for this kit, do speak up. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Edited by AndyW

I don't know much about iPod's but I cut something out of a newspaper a while back that seemed a really good gadget - it's basically a small transmitter that you plug into your iPod - you then simply tune your radio into the transmitter frequency and away you go. Best bit was that it only cost about £20.

Don't think they are available to buy in this country but you can get them on eBay.