advice for buying a 1.4 16v sport

Dear all,

I'm considering buying 1.4 16v lupo 2000 reg. Does anyone have advice of what to look out for? any recalls/problems? I've heard about clutch and gear box problems. Any advice would be great as I'm a first time buyer. its bonnet catch went just efore the viewing which is this sunday, lol, they sorting smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

many thanks

Mike

Hello

There o.k only real problem are the pedal boxes, the clutch pedal mount brakes off but it is a recall issue and VW should change it but dont quote me on it.

If its done over 60.000 miles make sure its had the cambelt, rollers and tensoners have been changed.

If you do a search on pedal boxes you will find more info on that.

Hope that helps smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Thanks that's a help!

It's only 21 000 miles and i'll check the pedal mounts. I had pedals brake off on my parents old car (Renault), they were plastic. Is it a similar case and they changed them to stronger ones?

Mike

Yes mate, just done mine a while back.

They put more weld on the new ones, seams to work fine smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Pedalboxes seam to go at any millage so keep an eye out for it, you will know when its going by the feel of the pedal.

Yes mate, just done mine a while back.

They put more weld on the new ones, seams to work fine smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Pedalboxes seam to go at any millage so keep an eye out for it, you will know when its going by the feel of the pedal.

Yeh peddle boxes goin v common happened to mine at about 35k, and not cheap either! sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

Yeh peddle boxes goin v common happened to mine at about 35k, and not cheap either! sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

they are now, there on the recall list at dealers so should be done for free.

Get this,

My local dealer in Farnham, near Guildford, said he's never heard of the pedal boxes go a Lupo but he said it was common and dealers fix them for free on Polo's. Any thoughts?

Mike

polo pedal boxes are the same as lupo ones arn't they?