crankshaft pulley

I want to change my timing belt but looks as if i may have probs removing the crankshaft

pulley off.

Anyone know an easy way to remove it or is there a tool to aid removal.

It says on elsa that a holding tool is needed, can this be bought?

the tool you can get from dealer. found out today

Are you just buying a single crank locking tool??? If so how much, if you don't mind me asking. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Mark

we're not supposed to sell workshop tools to the public tho!

Of course your not, that would take sales away from your service department!

What was you saying about not VW dealerships ripping you off? wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

i must be lucky then hehe. it was around £30.

They don't want anyone but vw touching vw's, even if it's yours and you have paid for it. mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

Just like when i wanted an skc so i could adapt my own key, it was hassle, but its my car and anything to do with it i should be able to have. I did manage to get the code for a tenner, with V5 and ID.

Surely if someone wanted tools they could get them. Club lupo members and all that. And we have a member who works in a Vw parts department. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

its not me personally, as i don't have a problem selling anybody what they want! its vw who specify that we don't sell tools!

But you're all missing the point!!! Just cos you want VW tools doesn't mean you have to go to VW to get them and pay mega money for them, does it? What about other manufacturers like Franklin (TA444) or the one like I bought from GSF, Laser 3472. The kit I bought will do about 100 different VW/Audi cars. Obviously mine was bought for my TDi. What I'm trying to say is you're not compelled to buy just VW tools/parts.

timingkitsm.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Mark wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

does that have the tool for the crankshaft pulley. Its about 2.5 ft long. like .this

The camshaft locking tools were £15 i found some tools here but they are well expensive. Double the stealers price

Nope, mine doesn't have that long tool for the crank pulley, but I have the camshaft locking tool. Problem with my kit is like I said, it was bought to do diesels as opposed to petrol engines, but that said the kit still allows you to do quite a few petrols too. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

bloomin' hell boy's!!

why didnt u just get a socket and a big bar on the bottom pulley and turn the engine once to loosen the nut??

£30 for a locking tool my ass!!