Exhaust recomendations

benmk1

Hi

Just a bit of advice my mrs lupo sport's exhaust is on the way out what's best to get, should I go straight to powerflow or other aftermarket jobbie?

I also think that the catalytic converter's mounts are going, so do I get a cat from vw or aftermarket, or does anyone do a sport cat for them?

Cheers all

Ben

Hello and welcome

Im in the same situation as you mate, my ct mounts have broke off boy in just going to get the mounts welded back on, but as for the cat back there dont seem to be many companys out there who make exhausts for lupos, i wanted a miltek system but they dont do one as there is not much intrest wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Im going for a powerflow system when i change mine, there a good price aswell smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Jen mentioned the other day that all the GTi exhuasts fit the 100bhp sport. I think there are quite a few for the GTi so might be worth a look for those before goin to powerflow to get a custom one.

Jen mentioned the other day that all the GTi exhuasts fit the 100bhp sport. I think there are quite a few for the GTi so might be worth a look for those before goin to powerflow to get a custom one.

Wauld like to find out an exact price, hopefully its round the £200 mark, will need to change mine very soon.

Have a look on here smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

http://www.powerflowexhausts.com/index.asp

Ours too! The back box is wobbling around like a drunkard! gonna have a word with Longlife, seems every exhaust in S. Wales is made by them!

Ive never herd of longlife before confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Longlife are pretty good from what I've heard. Thats what most people go for on my car if their gunna go custom. Not sure what Powerflows are like, I know the one by me in brum has bit of a dodgy reputation, but I'm sure the others are better.

I've also heard of Powerflow sometimes using pipes with too wide a diameter and actually decreasing engine power because of the loss in back pressure?

Edited by syphon123

I believe Longlife are by all accounts pretty cheap, probably why there's load of people with their exhausts. They've got a lifetime guarrenty though, this is what i like! Also loads of tail pipe options! (Not that that matters too much with E, S or TDi spec Loops)