Oh poo - I've bent a wheel!

Danceindark49

Hiya boys n gals and a Happy New Year to you all biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

You won't believe how totally stoooopid I am - took a corner ever so slightly too fast in my beautiful baby Lupy - aaaargh swerve.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":swerve:" border="0" alt="swerve.gif" /> (sideways!) - and gave the front nearside wheel a damn good smack against the curb. Wouldn't mind but I was only coming out of the supermarket car park and couldn't have been doing more than 10 or 15 mph tops. censored.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":censored:" border="0" alt="censored.gif" />

Anyway, the upshot is I need a new wheel (not an alloy - just an ordinary one) so if anybody has got one they wanna get rid of please let me know. I'm about 10 miles south of Birmingham and my email addy is danceindark@aol.com.

In terms of towing my baby caravan - my towbar has arrived, I've even seen it and it's due to be fitted soon so I may be tootling about with the caravan in tow in the next few weeks. On second thoughts, maybe I need more practice at going round corners before I start towing the baby van or I'll be on here looking for a new wheel for that too. In my defence - it was first thing in the afternoon (I don't do mornings!) so I was probably still half asleep - ooooops! blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Cheers.

Lin paperbag.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":paperbag:" border="0" alt="paperbag.gif" />

In my defence - it was first thing in the afternoon (I don't do mornings!) so I was probably still half asleep - ooooops! blush.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blush:" border="0" alt="blush.gif" />

Cheers.

Lin

lin i know what u mean , being a student there is no such thing as "morning " and anyone who mentions such a thing is blastfemy !! any way sorry i do not have a normal lupo spair , but is a 1.4lupo up to towing a caravan ???

My sister did the same recently, racing some bloke in a beemer (watch out for the power of the festa encore). She drove over a large kerb. Bent the wheel and a few other bits.

But quick fit banged the wheel out. Thats now the spare and the spare is on the car.

But this all depends if you have a space saver wheel or not.

I did a similar thing in my lup xmas eve 2004.

Lost swerve.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":swerve:" border="0" alt="swerve.gif" /> the backend on a icey roundabout and rear wheel fit the curb on the roundabout, no only did it crack the alloy but it also bent the rear beam doh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":doh:" border="0" alt="doh.gif" />