Indicators playing up

Mine have stopped working when you just hold the indicator stalk up or down and the left one doesn't always work when the indicator stalk is clicked in to position.

Somethimes they flash madly, other times just nothing happens. The bulbs all seem to be fine so it must be loose/dirty connections??

Anyone else had similar problems and solved it? Cheers.

it'll be the hazard switch, has the relay built in, part no 6n0 953 235 b 302 cost is £15.98 inc vat retail

my loop does exactly the same, the first time it did this was with the left indicator, i thought a bulb had failed when they flashed fast, i think its a dodgy contact in the stalk so i'm going to be digging around with contact cleaner and then a contact lube. see how it goes.

it'll be the hazard switch, has the relay built in, part no 6n0 953 235 b 302 cost is £15.98 inc vat retail

Thanks for the advice. Are they easy enough to take out and re-fit? Is it a case of removing the switch or the dash around it?