Fitted Connects2 ipod adaptor yesterday

Bought it from eBay for £45 plus postage, what you get is a silver box and some wires (to put it simply!).

Looks a bit complicated and the instructions arent fantastic but to be honest, the hardest thing is finding a place to stick the silver box behind the headunit.

Took a bit of fiddling about but I've found the perfect place for it, would have took pics but it was a bit dark.

Next job is to feed the cable back out through the dash, again, I found a really simple solution for this, again, hard to describe without pics but the ipod sits on the passenger side shelf now and the headphone plug comes out from behind the cup holders. It looks perfectly standard and the sound quality is as near to cd as you're ever going to get. I might get some kind of holder and re-route the connector so it's a bit easier to get to.

Plugs into the cd changer connection and tricks the headunit into thinking that it is still there,

so you press 'cd' to activate it and track 1 cd 1 comes up on the display and you're away!

Really happy with it and as far as I know, it's the cheapest way at the moment (apart from fm transmitters and cassette adaptors which offer a sound quality thats nowhere even near hard wiring) to get the loop hooked up to the iPod.

Took about an hour in total but I reckon if I had to do it again I could half that.

I'll get pics this weekend hopefully!

cheers

sounds quite expensive to be honest mate as all it is from how youve described it an connection device? so your paying £45 for wiring surely there must have been somewhere cheaper? sounds a good installation though and it may sound a random question but how many songs have you actually got on your ipod? honestly?

Hey guys,

Well, subtle modder, it is just a 'box' with wires in but then so is the denison but that costs over a £100.

Do you know of any cheaper way to get your ipod hooked up to the standard gamma headunit and retaining cd sound quality? If you do let us know!

The connects2 doesnt allow you to control the pod through the headunit tho, so the denison is better in that way.

Not sure whether to keep the 6 cd changer in place now as it's been rendered useless by the pod. I do miss those 6 little l.e.d.s now and the whirry noises you get when you change cd hehe.

And for the record subtle I have 2221 songs on my pod!