14" BBS... (now on!)

Silver!

Hey, just bought a set of refurbed 14" BBS from eBay.

Checked details and they will fit straight on with no prob's.

They are currently wearing 185/60 rubber. Will this effect the final drive much?

I am looking to drop the car 40mm after winter, so what size tyres are recommended for 14" rims

I can see that 185/55/14 or 195/50/14 is pretty close to the standard skinnies.

I feel the gearing on the Arosa 1.0MPi is pretty low anyhow, so the 185s shouldn't be too far out.

Any input welcome...

Silver!

Edited by Silver!

Love your Lupo Tigz, I'd love to go that low, but not practical for me, so 40mm drop will be max! And I need boot space, so no thumping bass!

I've seen you guys referring to a "tyre size advisor". Which one do you use?

I found one at:

http://miata.net/garage/tirecalc.html

which seems pretty good.

And also a site that advises what wheel fitments most cars use

http://www.alloyguide.co.uk/

Silver!

Well the tyre size you have on is the same as I have.

The width is great, alough the profile could do with being a little less for my taste, as there seems to be a lot of tyre flex.

I havn't got a clue about tyre sizes though so I'll leave the answers to someone who does.

I think Mitch has 195s on his 6x14s at the moment, and if I remember correctly its causeing him a few problems.

From what I understand you want to stay close to the original rolling radius, whats the profile of what you got at the mo?

PS. Only lowering it 40mm on 14s wont visually lower the car much at all as arch gap will still be huge.

185's will be sweet. 195 is a little large i would say for a 6 inch wide wheel, but at least you wouldnt curb them wit the extra tyre hangin out.

Edited by scoobydoo

PS. Only lowering it 40mm on 14s wont visually lower the car much at all as arch gap will still be huge.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Yes, but we have speed humps in Perth! So it's a compromise, maybe 45mm!

Silver!

Yes, but we have speed humps in Perth! So it's a compromise, maybe 45mm!

Funnily enough we've got speed bumps in Southampton too tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

My cars on a drop of over 60mm and I have no problems at all, you just have to go over them slowly (kind of the point of speed bumps really wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> )

I dont have any problems dropped 120mm!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

60... sounds interesting. 120... bit much for an oldie...

...it's not just my car that's silver!!!

Silver!

• 1 month later...

Wheels arrived on Monday...

As promised by seller... not disappointed! Good refurb' job that the seller provided the invoice/receipt for.

Tyres also in good nick. Just got to get them on.

Hoped to get them on on Sat, but weather was freezing!

Just have to wait 'til next weekend now. blink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":blink:" border="0" alt="blink.gif" />

Just have to think about 45 or 60 mm drop... wacko.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":wacko:" border="0" alt="wacko.gif" />

Silver!

Just have to think about 45 or 60 mm drop...

Got to be 60 smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> You wont regret it!

Post some pics when their on will you?

Will do. I'll put some before's on too as currently I have Oz Saturn, though only 13 inch with standard skinny tyres as they were taken from Polo Genesis.

I quite like the look of the Saturns on the car, so I'll maybe get them refurbed and put some 185/60 rubber.

There's a nice C2 GT in silver with off-white alloy's sits in the car park at work so a bit of photoshopping to see what it'll look like on the Arosa and maybe...

Silver!

• 3 weeks later...

Well, here goes for the before pics...

SILVER3.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

SILVER6.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

SILVER8A.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

...and one of the Seat Alana head unit in situ...

SILVERSTEREO1.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Well OK then 2!

SILVERSTEREO2.jpg border="0" class="linked-image" /> border="0" alt="IPB Image" />

Haven't got round to putting my new wheels on yet, weather, crimbo shopping, work, studying...

but am off work for 2 weeks over Xmas so will get them done then and post the after pics.

Also going to spend the time to debadge the boot and save up for that all important 60mm drop!

I was also thinking of a debadged honeycomb grill, but am not sure. Opinions?

Silver!

• 2 months later...
Nice wheels mate lookin' good Ray. wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" />

Mark

Thanks Mark.

Quite pleased myself. Now waiting for springs.

Ray

• 1 month later...