Track day - fun on the road

shao_khan

Palmersport have two open days available on the 4th June (Bank Holiday) and 29th July.

Their Audi days and Motorsport Sensation these are very well organised, safe and attract a good collection of 'respectful' drivers. The Palmersport track is excellent with loads of run off area, there really is very little risk of harm so you can push hard. You can pay for instruction too if you wish!

The only problem is that there is some very serious machinery in attendance - an F40 last time!!

The pit lane is open - so you simply come and go as you wish.

The cost is £195 for a car and driver, additional Pit Lane passes (extra drivers are £75). Excellent value for a day out if you ask me!

Anyone who wants to play should email Liz Bushnell at Palmersport - liz.bushnell@palmersport.com

Two pieces of advice

1) Go with a full tank of petrol - they charge £1/litre!

2) Upgraded brakes help a lot, if you have a standard `set-up` then three hard laps is plenty before cooling them off!

3) Turn off the ESP!

Bugger.

I thought about the TRAX track day (although you warned me off that one last time). The problem for me is the cost of the tyres. I just cant afford two new front boots right now (would be about £200) plus the cost of the track day (in this case, another £200).

I really, really want to get this Loop out on the track and scare a few of the other cars smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" /> but I jsut cant afford it.....

Trax is ok for a little experience, but you are better going to small events so that you can have a little more time also with less "boys wannabe Schumie" on the track.