Oil Levels & type of oil

Hi All

I have ahd my lupo sport for just over a year and im doing around 20000k ayear my dealer says i need to have my oil changed ever 10k. which im having done with an extra oil change in between a yearly service. but my lupo seems to use loads of oil as i have to top it up before each 10k oil change is due.

Anyone else have this?

Cheers

Daz

Edited by Daz1981dp

Hi All

What oil do you suggest for lupo 16v sport

as my dealer change there mind everytime i go there telling me different ones.

They anooy me as there prices are so expensive. my car is in for 20000 service tomo and they rekon £200 all it is a oil change and a few other bits and bobs where is the cost.

Id be greatful for sugestions on oil.

Cheers

Daz

I drive my car in a spirited fashion everywhere and its never ever lost a drop of oil between changes....

how old is the Sport?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its 3 years old in jan 06. had it for just over a year now. only had 2000 on the clock when i got it. done about 24000 in about 14 months.

i would heartily recommend vw's own Quantum Synta oil, seems to do the business for me! but then i would, i work for vw!

I do 20,000 a year but I get mine serviced at independent garage....

200 quid doesnt sound too bad for a service

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yea once my warrenty is out gonna take it else where i think.

What oil do you recommed for the lupo. i've been told my some people fully synthentic and by other people not fully synthetic. as im not much of a mecanic im not sure. im just a network manager cars is not my stong point.

So if mine is using alot of oil do you think something might be up. can't see any leaking or anything

Cheers

Daz

20k service at vw is

oil, oil filter, sump plug, pollen filter (tho urs hasn't got one!) and screenwash. also visual inspection of brakes etc..... oh, and the all important stamp in the history book!

20k service at vw is

oil, oil filter, sump plug, pollen filter (tho urs hasn't got one!) and screenwash. also visual inspection of brakes etc..... oh, and the all important stamp in the history book!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

So Lupogtiboy

Do you think something is up with my sport as i have to top upoil before every oil change at 10k had to do it twice now. once at 10k before oil change. and last week before my service tomorrow????

Cheers

Daz

• 2 weeks later...

I can highly recommend Silkolene Pro S 5W-40 fully synthetic oil once your car has hit 20,000 and you have a regular service interval. The silkolene stuff is pretty much the best oil you can get.... well worth the money. I can get it for £35 for 5 Litres from the Civic Type R forums.