no rice @ fleet 12/10/05: friendly warning/request

big_chris1981

most people whill hopefully have read the posted threads about the bbc filming a series of traffic cops on the m3 in conjuntion with hampshire police force, and whoever it is that do the top half.

i got a call from a friend of mine whose brother is a traffic cop, to warn that there will be a police presence, and most probably a film crew presence at fleet on the 12th.

i know all attendes are generally very well behaved, but can we all please make sure were as legal as possible this month...do anything daft and theyre likely to come down hard on you for the sake of good tv.

cheers

chris

right, thats me on tv then! búggér!

guess it'll be taking me a while to get there this month, can't afford points on the license!

Edited by lupogtiboy

Is this likely to attract a Chav crowd because they love getting their collars felt by the rossers, they think it's a challenge or something. Not that I'll be there living in Newcastle.

as always, it'll be the minority spoiling it for the majority!

this is generally a well behaved meet, thanks mostly to it being a bit far outta town for chavs! but a few are starting to creep in now!

Thought this might happen, and as the Beeb are filming for a while around here, word will get out and then the prats will turn up!

It will be a real shame if that meet is ruined or given a bad rep. Its a very civilised vw meet, nice cars, and nice people chatting about the cars they love. No racing, just park up give it a few paps on the throttle and chat to people about cars. Well worth going to especially in the summer. The whole car park fills up!!

• 2 weeks later...