Headlight Bulbs

Nealie

Read good reviews on the philips blue visions lights...came out top in a few tests over the years.......so thinking of getting some for the Loop

anyone else got 'em? or recommend summink else?

H4's aren't they? (Lupo sport with standard lamps not xenons)

cheers peeps

nealie

Neal, please don't! They are the most annoying and dangerous lights to look at whilst driving at night.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm not on the recieving end! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Just a little disappointed with the headlights really....even when nice and clean they still dont seem to light up much of the road....my Old Mk1's have been better than that with stock bulbs in (new home-made wiring looms tho)

and now with the early darkness we really notice it more

I'm not on the recieving end!  biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Just a little disappointed with the headlights really....even when nice and clean they still dont seem to light up much of the road....my Old Mk1's have been better than that with stock bulbs in (new home-made wiring looms tho)

and now with the early darkness we really notice it more

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Fair enough. Remember, most of them are not MOT friendly.

True....used to be....but most of the new ones are kite marked and legal for the roads.

having said that.....my last Mk1 GTI had 100w/80w bulbs and passed every MOT

was like daylight.......heaven!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I was about to add that who would probably test them anyway if it where daylight when the MOT took place. I've never heard of bulbs being removed and checked for e-markings.

I was about to add that who would probably test them anyway if it where daylight when the MOT took place. I've never heard of bulbs being removed and checked for e-markings.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

exactly...sometimes it does through the pattern out tho

did have 140w in at one point.....but it'd melt the glue that held the headlamp glass in unless the car was moving! *grin*

exactly...sometimes it does through the pattern out tho

did have 140w in at one point.....but it'd melt the glue that held the headlamp glass in unless the car was moving! *grin*

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

lol! The smell of melting glue/wires/clothes brings back memories! biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I would not recommend the Philips blue vision for increasing your light output. I have used them and they are not much difference to stock. They change the 'look' of the light output to slightly bluer, but do pretty much nothing to the scope of vision at night.

If you want increased light output from a normal bulb, only look at buying either:

Philips Vision Plus (+) http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/product.p...&cat=255&page=1

or Osram Silverstars http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/product.p...&cat=255&page=1

I have used both and they are definately an improvement over OEM bulbs. I personally prefer the Osrams, but there is little to choose between them.

Both are completely ROAD LEGAL.

Edited by marc uk

or if you want a blue look bulb aswel as a brighter bulb which still uses standard wattage go for the Phillips "Power2Night" bulbs which combine the features of both Vision Plus, and Blue Vision.