Just being a dreamer?

sheffieldlupo

Hey found this when searching around just wondered if it was bull**** or could actaully make a difference?

http://www.powerandeconomy.co.uk/

is it basically just a fancy 'swirl air generator?'

like the turbonator or?

Any1 any experience?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

the latter mate - steer clear, or lift off oversteer through!

sorry - i mean a load of cack - don't bother mate....unless anyone else knows otherwise - afaik shot like this has been around for ages - all of it being a big pile of poo - you're better off spending you're money on a decent exhaust and filter as a starter dude.

I want to know whats in the little black box for £119.99.

"Both the Power Booster and PTU have their own fuses and can be connected directly to the car battery so as not to interfere with the ECU, or other electrical systems in your car."

So if it doesn't connect to your ecu, fuel pump or MAF meter. WTF does it do?

They don't even know how a car engine works it would seem...so god knows how they expect their products to work:

Traditionally cars have enjoyed performance increases via a turbo (re-circulating unburned exhaust gases)

Yeah right! re-circulating unburned (not unburnt apparently) exhaust gases my ass. Oh dear.

And the power boost thing?! WTF? How can anyone think that creating more spark can give you more power? If anything, you'll just fry your plugs. The voltages are set for a reason...they work. All you need is a spark to ignite the fuel. As long as it's clean you won't have any problems!

Also....if any of you get to see the amount of air that's displaced by a turbo or supercharger you'd realise just how much of a piss take the suggestion of an electric fan is. As an example, a friend of mine looked at fitting a Mini Cooper S eaton blower to our formula SAE car. He built a test rig to measure the volume flow rate. I won't bother going into that kind of detail as it's pointless, but the noise produced by the air being compressed reached 125dB! A formula 1 car produces 130dB if you stand directly behind the exhaust pipes tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

Edited by ArosaMike

Below is my understanding of some products claiming to give extra power that we get asked about regularly. These are only my views so feel free to correct me if you think different or I am talking rubbish.

Ecotec valve - controlled air leak into your inlet manifold by a valve fitted on the pipe from the inlet nmanifold to the brake servo. If it is after the airflow meter the ecu will not realise it is there so will not ask for extra fuel to match the extra air present and you will run lean. Burnt valves anyone. And they make a silly hissing noise!

Electric fans for inlet - these push nothing like the air mass flow of a turbo or super charger. In fact at higher road speed I would bet the air flow caused by the forward motion of the car overcomes the effect of the fan anyway.

Resistors - fooling the car into thinking the throttle is in a different position to what it is so making the ecu allow more fuel to be supplied to the engine. What about the airflow though, surely just richening the mixture will give a "choke" effect which will not give more performance. If you run over rich you can wash the cylinder bores with unburnt fuel which removes the lubricating oil from the cylinder walls!

FSE boost valve - They are an adjustable fuel pressure regulator which backs-up the fuel pressure in the injector rail. When you open the throttle the fuel pressure builds faster so you get improved throttle response. I can see the logic with these and understand they could actually show good results...they will not give power though, just improved throttle response...which is still good.

Any more for any more???

i must say, i fitted an FSE to my twitchy uno turbo and it was like driving a different car! Silky smooth and really responsive! IMO they're pretty good, BUT they need to be set up properly...!

nice one guys thort it was probably rubbish but wasnt sure,

looking at buyin syclone lupo on sunday

thort it could make a difference if it was creating a swirling air column but propably not lol

same about the turbonator thing right? was thinkin about making my own on the cheap see if it did anything

wot is a good filter and exhaust then for a 1.4 sport?

how much will they cost?