water leakin from front speakers...

scotty g

hi peaple. Well as it says i have water coming from through speakers. Ive taken lower door card off and the speaker sits on a plastic seat that holds the speaker an inch (approx) from the door.

The water seems to be resting in that plastic seat and runs through between the seat and the speaker sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

This happened last week when it pissed it down. It hasnt got to the carpet but i would like to sort this out anyway.

sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" /> HELP sad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":(" border="0" alt="sad.gif" />

hi. The rubber strips n seals seem perfect. The sound proofing is stuck solid so dont think thats been removed. Idont know if the car has had any work carried out before my ownership in this area.

hi. The rubber strips n seals seem perfect. The sound proofing is stuck solid so dont think thats been removed. Idont know if the car has had any work carried out  before my ownership in this area.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its not sound proofing under the door trim, thats a membrane to stop water entering through the door, just make sure that it hasnt been removed before, I cant remember but I know on some cars the speaker mounts on top of the membrane making a water proof gasket around the speaker, if its been removed the person doing this might have cut around the speaker or it might have a crease in it somewhere thats allowing the water in! Also check its the right membrane...is it neatly cut? I think on the loop its slightly 'padded'?

Have taken the speaker off and ther is sweet feck all behind it. back of speaker has gone a bit rusty. THATS NOT GOOD

Can see the door once speaker is off. No membrane behind that, nothing.

Edited by scotty g

The drainage would have to be well blocked and the door would have to be quite full for water to leak out of the speaker!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Its quite common on MK 2 golfs, that and like mentioned the membrane is not secure.

Gonna go to vw n check out what the membrane is ment to look like n see if mine been messed wiv. cheers guys smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />