Just picked up my GTi!

Al

I forgot to say actually - is this a common problem? I've been using the site for a year or so and haven't recalled any similar problem posts or such.

The trouble is it may not even be from the area the sound appears to come from - car's have the habit of creating sounds in completely conflicting areas!!

VW did say I can have a forecourt car. Great, Just what I wanted after waiting weeks for the GTi mad.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":angry:" border="0" alt="mad.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Never mind mate, small teething problem that's all. At least it's nothing more serious.

The smile on your face when you've done a few more miles will make it all worthwhile. smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nice car mate and it being a 55 means it stands out even more but how much did you pay? hope you got it knocked down as theyve stopped making them there not worth much as noone wants em wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> at least thats what id have told the dealer

nice car mate and it being a 55 means it stands out even more but how much did you pay? hope you got it knocked down as theyve stopped making them there not worth much as noone wants em wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> at least thats what id have told the dealer

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I got a considerable amount of money off, but to be honest as there were only 2 left at the time they knew they would sell it eventually at full price! The dealers know what they're worth!

Also found out about the 1.8T GTi Polo thats due out beginning of next year as well.

Its not!  (or it never ever has been before yours) Lazer does look a lot like Raven Blue...

Can you get the paint code from the boot (under the carpet is a sticker with a paint code).

Congratualtions to you too.  You must have the very last one!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Got the Paint Code which is LC5J - I have seen a GTi in Raven Blue but though it was a darker colour?

And Finally Eh.... Congrats and enjoy.... What's the missus think Al?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

We're both really happy mate!

Congrats on your car too biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

We're both really happy mate!

Congrats on your car too  biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

cheers.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":cheers:" border="0" alt="cheers.gif" />

...............and some rennie for when you get indigestion from trying to scoff you food so you can drive home!!

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

lol! Was thinking coilovers first, if at all!

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Having been passenger in a slammed loop then driving a standard one the day after..... you can obviously feel the difference but it's not essential IMO you could probably live with the standard gear for a while before you'd have to scratch the modding itch...

Having been passenger in a slammed loop then driving a standard one the day after..... you can obviously feel the difference but it's not essential IMO you could probably live with the standard gear for a while before you'd have to scratch the modding itch...

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Exactly my sentiment! I've had a previous car slammed on the deck with 18's and its by no stretch of the imagination a daily driver. I'm just going to enjoy it as it is for now in its clean and untouched state. biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

I have decided that there is some sense in learning to drive properly.... i reckon my lupo is lots of fun on standard suspension tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

but seriosuly.... coilovers arent the same as having a 'slammed' car and 18" alloys......

I have decided that there is some sense in learning to drive properly.... i reckon my lupo is lots of fun on standard suspension tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" /> 

but seriosuly.... coilovers arent the same as having a 'slammed' car and 18" alloys......

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

My car was built for shows anyway so driving was never the main priority. I hate the phrase 'slammed' myself, but thats the label it has been given in the show circuit. I wouldn't mind having coilovers as I know how good they can be, but for now, I want the car just the way it is.

I hear ya - it's an excellent car the way it was built.

As soon as those tyres get a bit of wear in them though - chop them in for Toyos! The SP2000s ruin the GTI.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I have heard this reading through some previous forums a while back. You can't beat Toyos!

Went to VW this morning about the wind noise. What a joke!

I was there almost two hours (I opted to stay and show them the problem rather than being rung at 4 that afternoon - "it's all fixed mate, nothing wrong" etc etc.

They attemped to 'push' the rubber door seal down in the car park and then claimed it was all fixed. I drove it up the road once and the 'whoosh' noise had turned into a 'whistle' noise! I turned right round and went back. Ignoring all the so-called service people I went and spoke to a manager and at least got somewhere. They've ordered a new door rubber now!

I could have told them in 20 seconds that I thought it was this - just looking at both sides highlighted the possible problem! Yet, it took 4 people and almost two hours to make the problem worse!

Good old VW. I knew they weren't special but I didn't expect this!