Got the GTI

Ok collected the GTI today, really pleased with it however it needs a new tyre as there is a nasty gash out of it. Its on the passenger side back wheel. Have been given money to get a new one, by the previous owner, so thought i may as well stick a Dunlop S2000 on there again. However i cant find any online, not even on mytyres.

Also would it affect the ride if i fitted a Toyo to just this corner? On mytyres it classes the Toyo T1-are as a summer tyre, what does this mean.

Any help will be much appreciated.

basically a summer tyre grips well etc when the tarmac is warm and the temperature of air is usual whereas if you use them in winter they may not be as grippy or controlable and i usually say that you should at least have matching tyres on that axle rather than just one although it is best to have matching tyres all round as you then have controlability rather than one wheel loosing grip etc

And car pics

The price of a Toyo is roughly half the price of a dunlop, so my advice is definately to swap them both. The tyres are very different in the way they perform (imo) so it would be too risky to have one of each on the same axle (as tsm says).

The Toyo may be down as a "summer tyre" but in my view it outperforms the dunlops in the dry and the wet by a fair margin.

Just got back from a local tyre place. They cannot locate a Dunlop from anywhere, they said its showing they have stopped making them for a few months confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

So my best bet is probably to get two Toyo's to go on the back two wheels. Will this setup be ok with Toyo's on the back and Dunlops on the front? Do the Toyo's wear down a lot quicker?