Bonrath Lowering Cups

sleeky tdi

Anyone used or heard about these?

A mate in Holland has a set (used to own an arosa) and has offered them to me, apparently lower the car around another 20mm, so that plus some 30mm h&are springs should sit pretty sweet biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

Lee.

Hmmmmn no offence but I dont trust ones that cost £25 considering the bonrath ones are like £150 laugh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":lol:" border="0" alt="laugh.gif" />

Im getting them for a good price, demon tweaks sell Bonrath stuff so you should be able to get a set from there smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

Lee.

Right, ive been doing some research and it seems the UK price for these are just silly!

The Bonrath german website sells them for the lupo/arosa, and they are about 50 euros for a set!

You can also get similar ones on german ebay for about 25/30 euros, not bonrath but TUV approved so should be good!

Lee.

I came accross these on eBay but it shows that the picture is a cut down unside, which means it should be usual size but the strut sits inside them, but description shows it ADDS 30mm????

Am I on about the same things?

Hmmm they look different!

I have found a UK stockist of the genuine bonrath ones for £41 delivered, so will order a set when I get my springs smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

http://www.modworld.1st-hosting.co.uk/cata...roducts_id=2253

Lee.

Dont wish to sound stupid but how do these work?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sure someone will posta pic that explains it better, but the spring on your strut is held between two caps or cups. Where these fit on the strut is fixed, so to lower the car you fit progressive uprated springs that fit between these two cups and allow the car to sit lower, but because they're progressive should still give good handling and avoid bottoming out on the strut (which you'd get if you just cut the standard springs).

If you imagine the cap as two flat plates (roughly right) then a lowerig cap on top is higher at the edges where the spring sits, effectively allowing the strut to sit lower in the spring so the for the same given weight on the car it will actually sit lower. Kinda makes sense?

Edited by montythemole