Battery query - dimer..brighter - better turn it down!

George

Has anyone uprated their standard battery in their GTI yet or can any TDI owners tell me if what batterys they have - if different.

Think I need a more heavey duty battery due to my front lights (not the xenons) dimming/flashing when I turn the stereo up (dam that dance gatecrasher CD biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> )

Have been thinking about doing this for sometime but time and money has put this aside - but me thinks I should get it sorted.

The only problem I can see is the size of the space in the boot the GTi models have for the battery.

Any experience or advice on this guys/girls?

a guy i know who owns a GTI here in spain changed his for a Lupo TDI/SDI battery, diesel cars need more power to start so their batteries are more powerful that petrol car ones.

he told me going to the vw dealer was a `rip-off` ???

why not get a power cap?

I kinda did not want to take up any more boot space + the simplicity of just replacing the battery seems best for me.

I think I am lacking some basic knowledge - like are most batterys a standard size?

I'll have to go to a garage and see whats avaliable

QUOTE(MattyB)
I gather your running an Amp then George?

Strange really, I'd only expect to have to replace the batter/alternator if running 2 amps or a really MONSTER amp...?

MONSTER amps, you'll need a battery or power cap, when i crank my fusion right up the lights dim to practically nothin, everythin, xenons, sides, dash, HU. I'd get a cap but seein as the loops goin, i can't be bothered! Any one wanna buy a sub n amp with custom lupo box? V V loud! Although after 'hell is for heroes' last nite my ears are feeling a bit fragile! Won't be crankin up the sounds today, thats for certain!

It's weird there just does not seem to be enough juice in the battery to cope with the power demands of the amp.

I did at one point think about getting an cap but if a larger capacity battery will do the trick then I would prefer that.

Joe dont blow those Alpines! :0 biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />