will price go down

bazilbrush

hi there some info please i pay of my current lupo in november so going to sell it private then get my gti but will i be better holding of till next year. I was thinking coz the fox will be out i would be able to haggle the price a lot more i want a 05- 55 plate wink.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=";)" border="0" alt="wink.gif" /> [CANT WAIT ] rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

probably not, ive just picked up a 54 plate froma dealer for £10495.

there was no haggling space at all....they even showed me what it owed, and what the trade price was (£10,235).

if you find one you want, just buy it mate biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" />

biggrin.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":D" border="0" alt="biggrin.gif" /> Good so i dont have to wait that long then ,,,,just thinking on what to sell my lupo for i know im getting ahead of myself but i want one so bad

If your wanting new, you'd probably better hurry.

As for used, well, it really differs from car to car, dealer to dealer. If you'll read the various posts about prices from dealers and private sales you'll see that there is nothing predictable about GTi prices. You can find complete bargins in some places, and over priced rubbish in others.

Who's to say what you'll be able to haggle off, it will depend on the car, and the dealer and the time of the month, and all the other stuff that impacts on used price v what you actually pay.

As for waiting for next year, well, its upto you, I doubt you'll see a noticeable drop in what you can get for your money. There are plenty of VERY cheap private sale GTi's out there at the moment, and to ask for more cash off is tight imho. Of course, some are way over priced, but having the wit to spot them is upto you smile.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":)" border="0" alt="smile.gif" />

you wont get a 55 gti - they have all sold out

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Have the last ones in the stock system all gone then? They had a few left a short while ago didn't they, but I suppose any that haven't sold VW would have given them to dealers as demo's so they aren't sitting around getting rained on.

Well, either way, unless this poster is going to buy one VERY soon, as in now, then hes probably the missed the chance of getting a brand new one.

I dont want to buy new im not that daft confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" /> but ok i want to spend 10.500 this november with a 2000 deposit what year spec can i hope to get going from the worst to the best huh.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":huh:" border="0" alt="huh.gif" />

Youre right about the demo thing i took my sister to buy a car from vw western in corgi and the salesman had a black lupo gti and now its in the vw used stock for about 12,000 i think,,,,ooh she got a jazz blue lupo sport bitch mybe thats why im going for the gti rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" /> rolleyes.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":rolleyes:" border="0" alt="rolleyes.gif" />

[an we get sticker each for our lupos]

Edited by bazilbrush

I dont want to buy new im not that daft confused.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":confused:" border="0" alt="confused.gif" />

Are you saying people who buy new are daft? tongue.gif style="vertical-align:middle" emoid=":P" border="0" alt="tongue.gif" />

As for what you'll get, honestly, who knows, as I said, GTi prices are never really very predictable. Dealer prices are totally all over the place, and its always been like this. Just having a quick look at the used VW section on the website and heres a great example:

Reflex Silver, '04 54 plate GTi, 4,750 miles, grey cloth interior trim, no options bar single CD player.

£10,495 (Citygate Volkswagen, Ruislip)

and...

Black '02 02 plate GTi, 9,950 miles, grey cloth interior trim, no options full stop.

£10,495 (Silver Street, Barnstaple)

See what I mean.