Aftermarket Radio Wiring

I’m wondering if anyone out there can help. I bought an aftermarket radio for my Lupo and am pretty sure I need an adapter.
Can anyone possibly tell me which one?

I have attached 3 photos - 1 of the wiring in the car and the other 2 of connectors which came with the new radio. 

Any help is greatly appreciated 👍

IMG_4573.jpeg

IMG_4585.jpeg

IMG_4586.jpeg

Is there a wiring diagram on the lid of the new hifi? You may also need an antenna power insertion adapter if you use the radio (standard vdub radios provide a secret power supply signal to the roof antenna- which won't provide a radio signal without it).

30 minutes ago, mk2 said:

Is there a wiring diagram on the lid of the new hifi? You may also need an antenna power insertion adapter if you use the radio (standard vdub radios provide a secret power supply signal to the roof antenna- which won't provide a radio signal without it).

Hi, thanks for the reply. At this stage, if I can just get it installed with Bluetooth connectivity I’d be happy but that’s really good to know.  Hopefully the attached images shed some light for someone more knowledgeable than myself. 

IMG_5386.jpeg

IMG_5387.jpeg

I'm guessing that you have a multimeter to check connections? 

So step one is to simply identify the switched power and permanent +12V power. Ground is usually the case of the unit, which can be checked using the meter's continuity function.

Then the speakers need connecting exactly as per the diagram above. Two wires per speaker channel.

If the physical plug is the same (you haven't shown a pic of the back of the radio), you (sometimes) just need to swap pins around by bending back the little barbs inside the plug housing. Slide out, move and click back in again.

If the plug IS different, then you will need a "car radio wiring adapter". Ebay or Amazon will help. Most vdubs have the exact same plug/socket. You'll need a socket which looks exactly like the one on the old car radio (for the Lupo loom wiring plug to plug-in to); a short length of wires between that socket and a plug that fits into your new radio. Even then, you might have to swap a couple of pins around- typically the permanent and switched +12V power pins.

Let us all know how you get on :)

---

late edit-

Actually, just realised that the pics you show are of the connections from the back of the new radio. So, yes, you will need an adapter. The socket with 8 pins is the speaker wiring connections- outputs from the radio to 4 speakers (only two pairs will be used in a standard Lupo, as it has only two speakers at the front). The socket with 5 pins is the power to the radio. The Lupo plug has up to 16 connections. So you WILL need a splitter (adapter) to separate out the speaker and power connections...

Apologies for the late reply. That’s great info, really appreciate your help everyone 😊 fingers crossed, will get this sorted in the next few weeks 👍