Fuel line replacement

So, the fuel line quick connectors to and from the fuel filter (petrol) are broken. The fuel filter rusted, expanded, and made it impossible to remove, so had to aggressively remove which removed the insides of the quick connectors.

I have temporarily fitted 2 new quick connectors to some neoprene fuel line and luckily pushes over the remaining nylon fuel line with good friction and an additional clamp. So far so good although isn't necessary good practice?

Now, the fuel lines are obsolete... Scrappys tend to stack cars so make it difficult to remove...

Is a full neoprene fuel line good enough from tank to filter and over to the other connector. Or should I see if I can recreate the nylon fuel line? I have managed to fit a quick connector to some nylon in practise with a caulk gun and a brake pipe flaring tool clamp.

Although neoprene is easier to manipulate compared to nylon but nylon was factory fit.

Long story short, is neoprene good enough?

I wouldn't. I had a rat bite through the same type of nylon fuel line on a mk4 golf. You really want to replace it. It is the exact same type of hose as on many other vdubs/seats. Only that the length is different.