Inside door puller lever. I need one... Anyone?

mk2

I was incorrect... incidentally passed by breakers today. I have mastered removing vdub door panels in about 45 seconds though! Went through most years and most models. Later cars (2005 on) are different again.

IMG_3207.JPG

Yeah, not happy about ULEZ. Not one bit. I have other cars so I'm fine. But the fact that the charge targets the people who have the oldest, cheapest runabouts, usually with the lowest incomes (the reason why they drive older cars). Personally I think it's cruel and morally wrong. And retired people doing their shopping in their pristine ancient car, only maybe 10 miles a week. Just SMH. It bugs me.

So, I used to pick up/drop off at Heathrow with my Lupos. £5 in diesel. They've introduced a £10 drop off charge. And being inside ULEZ, that's now a total of £22.50 just for a five minute round trip drive off the M25 to T5. Nuts. Not doing that anymore. I don't like my personal freedoms being taken away. Rant over.😡

Edited by mk2

Tempting, but I'm in the middle of extended negotiations about a lovely, completely original, not even slightly rusty Golf Country. In red. He's German, I'm not. We'll get there in the end. 7 months so far, and I don't think he's messing with me. I hope. Price isn't the issue. The car is in Spain.

ULEZ- I don't believe it has anything to do with emissions, as many people are now running classic cars, which are much smellier (one of my car options). TFL is flat broke, the bank interest payments alone on their bailout loans are actually more than their monthly takings. If it were you or I, we'd declare bankruptcy. But being a gov agency, they can't, and not being part of main government, they have to be accountable. LOL. They're completely screwed. Should be dissolved or devolved or whatever the word is. OMG. Talking politics on CL. What has happened to me?

Found this...! 

Have just ordered a brand new pair from the original manufacturer in Turkey for £15 delivered... wish me luck.

Edited by mk2

Yeah I know, right. But, my thoughts, to stay positive are that my car is being well looked after for me, and when the time is right I'll be driving it again. The $ from my Rallye will fund everything.

I actually have plans for it. With a 1.9 tdi lump (PD130). Drops straight in with original loom. And I want to do a "proper" RHD version. Wipers are the only headache, as this bodyshell never came with the RHD option. All the original bits, stored in a crate for the next owner, as the car is too rare to permanently keep in a bespoke form. And I won't register it over here until all the work is complete, so any DVLA records will be 'original'. Three channel crossings then, the final time with a piece of paper collected from Dover customs.

Yeah thought you might be a tad busy and all, just for a little door lever pin. There was an Arosa in the breakers the other day, but completely ignored it. Stupid me. It has the same parts. D'oh.

Always busy.

Just jacked the new SDI up so the subframe is going to have to come off to be welded and a few bushes whilst in there. 

Give the Rallye to me, I'll give you a lupo GTi. 

Went 4 years ago for a lot more than I expected. I did advertise it on here for a week. And now I miss it- but TBH, I was too scared to use it in case it got damaged. As far as I know, it's now parked in an air controlled tent, in a house. Not used. Was looking at buying an original Audi Quattro (mk1), but same story. Straight, uncrashed cars are a rarity, so would've been too scared to take it out. A bit like the R5 GT turbo. Mad car that was. That was badly crashed after I sold it. Still have my santa pod thing though. And I can drive it in London for free. :)

Do the EGR thing on the SDI. Makes a massive difference. Yay! Lupo subframe fun...

Very true.

But ulez hate the sdi.

I was under it and the black box thing seal is poking out and oil is everywhere from it.

Needs a selector seal on the box too. 

Asides from these points, it is exceptionally dry hence the subframe rust.

Yeah to get that plenum chamber off to clean it, you need to remove the resonator trumpets. The inlet manifold comes off at the same time as a bonus. I use old spray paint thinners (2k, cellulose or gunwash) which seems to work best for diesel residue. That seal you mention just sort of squishes in place, as it sits in a groove. No sealant needed, as everything is under atmospheric pressure. No pressure or suction being an SDI.

Then once back toegther after having gas flowed everything, bypass the sump breather and divert the fumes down to the road. Bung the inlet pipe in the valve cover. Nice clean air for the engine again. Lower emissions too.

I've posted a how-to somewhere. Lots of pics.