BOSCH Brake Callipers

I just collected some OE factory exchange callipers for my SDI.  Most motor factors will try and sell you an aftermarket make but if you do your research it is possible to get Bosch.

Having sorted the part number, Bosch Automotive themselves can tell you if the part is still live/available.  I eventually used a motor factor with a Bosch account (offered them a deposit) who agreed to order them.  Price was near aftermarket and you get your money back on exchange over the counter.

Guess other Bosch parts might be possible direct, even if VAG no longer list them.

GFS has ETOS (licensed ETKA) which gives the build of the car and the part numbers - really useful!

• Like 1

The callipers, although common to VAG Lupo/Arosa/Polo etc., appear to be without part numbers but can be found using an online parts search.

However, I've only just realised that the car's definitive build sticker in the boot includes a PR code for the brakes.  This can be checked off against an online Lupo parts catalogue if you're not using ETKA with the car's registration/VIN code.

VW dealers can print you off a car's complete build list of PR numbers - with much more data than in the boot or service sticker. 

The contact for Bosch Automotive is boschaftermarket.com.parts (Tel: 0344 892 0115) then ask for automotive, then select the number for sales. They can tell you whether the part can still be ordered.  Armed with that information I approached GFS motor factor.