*Interest check* 2002 Lupo Fantasia Green 1.4 16v Auto

FantasiaGreenLupo

Make:   2002 Lupo Fantasia Green 1.4 16v Auto

Model: Lupo

Engine size: 1.4

Fuel type: Petrol

Description including modifications:

I am thinking of selling my beloved Fantasia Green Lupo and this is more of a check of interest. 

As she is an old car there has been a fair amount of bits and pieces that have been replaced: 

- new cambelt, waterpump, radiator, suspension arms, CV joint, ball joint, Tracking, Fuel filter, Service, Track rods, horn, spark plugs. I also had some work carried out on the head gasket. 

It's got age related marks for an old car that include a small dent in the driver side door, some curbing to the alloys and a patch of top coat missing from the bonnet. 

Price: This is an interest check post at this point.

Car back.jpg

Car Boot.jpg

car console.jpg

car front.jpg

Car internal roof.jpg

Car seats 2.jpg

car seats.jpg

Car side.jpg

Car slloy.jpg

car console - Copy.jpg

I would have it for myself if it were diesel flavoured... My fav colour!

But, someone I know has asked me to be on the lookout for a small cheap automatic car for them, but I'm not sure that would mean small on "our" level. Our Lupos are generally considered "tiny" by most. But if the price were right, I'm sure there could be some interest.

I guess usual questions- any rust on subframes and bodyshell? locks and leccy windows all good? Tyres and brakes?  Any leaks? Suspension and bearings good? Power steering ok and most importantly, has the autobox been serviced regularly (both gearbox fluids and gearbox fluid filter need changing almost as often as the engine oil)? The engine condition is not really a big deal as they're easy to work on/fix/service.

Got a ball park ££££? Milage? Mot?

• 3 weeks later...

She is a beaut but has been a handful reasontly.

In answer to your usual questions 

subframe body frame - Good, some sides of damage assosiated with age. A very small amount of rust on the rear wheel arch. 

Lock and leccy - No issues that i know of. I would say the pasenger side of the car does not auto unlock when I use the key on the driver side. I was told this is standard and you unlock this one the driver side console once in the car. other than that, windows works, the 3 back light on the gearbox is out. nothing else to note here though. 

Types - It need a new front tyre 

Brakes - No issues that I am aware of 

Leaks - There is an oil leak ... it is slow and small. 

Suspention and bearing - recently has the bearing changed and i am not aware of any issues with the suspention. 

Power steering - no issues

autobox - no idea if the previous owner had done this. We have had the car for over a year and we have not undertaken a gearbox fluid change. It did have a full service but im not sure if this would have been included. 

On to engine condition - She is not in good shape. this is a recent issue that was not a problem when I first posted. The engine is sputtering and nearly stallign at lights with low acceleration. The egine runs better when its cold and sounds like a tank. This has previously been an issue and we had the engine coils plugs and block + coil box changedwhich seemed to be effective for all of a week. I suspect there is an issue with the engine but I coudlnt tell you what. 

I love the car and really dont want to see it get scrapped but do not have the funds or expertise to fix this myself. I know the colour and engine size is rare so wonder is still a marlet for it even in its current state ? 

Without spending any time or money on it, perhaps £800 with a new MOT. It's a 100k miler by now? Put a matching pair of part worn tyres on and get the engine sorted. Should be ok by just spending maybe £150 on it down at a local garage and MOT while there. Might be nothing more than the classic Vdub coolant temp sensor failure (at £8).

Looking at the the MOT history, it's had a fair few fails over the years, implying some past neglect. And if the rear brake pipes are corroded, chances are that the rear subframe is probably on its last legs.

But if you spent the time and money sorting all the things mentioned in the previous MOTs you could get £1500-2k? I wouldn't worry about small body rust spots, dings and scratches. You've got to see what else £1500 would buy... It's a 20 YO car now.

Otherwise, it's a parts donor or something that only an enthusiast would spend time doing up. My guess is that it needs more money spent in time than on parts, which is probably what makes it uneconomical to do up.